[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So say you're not religious but open to the idea that some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 0.png (669KB, 731x381px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
669KB, 731x381px
So say you're not religious but open to the idea that some form of afterlife is a possibility.

Do you ever wonder if the way you die could have a theoretical impact on this? Let's say rather than our consciousness just shutting down along with our body, it was to expand into whatever comes next.

Well what if someone died by shooting themself in the head? Since we have no evidence either way, there's some grim possibility that blowing your own brains out could fuck this up, right? Or is there?
>>
>>>/x/
>>
>>8802832
>>>/b/
>>
>>8802828
>So say you're not religious but open to the idea that some form of afterlife is a possibility.
I said that?
>>
>>8802828
>it was to expand into whatever comes next.
what the fuck does this even mean?
stop pretending to sound intelligent, in fact you sound like you are fucking retarded
>>
>>8802973
insecure brainlet detected
>>
>>8802984
This

>>8802973
A third ontology, known as idealism, overcomes not only these problems but can
also be reconciled with the available empirical evidence. It elegantly explains the
three basic facts of reality: (a) that brain activity correlates with experience, (b)
that we all seem to share the same world, and (c) that we can’t change the laws
of nature at will.
If idealism is correct, it implies that, instead of disappearing, conscious inner life
expands—whatever new phenomenology this expansion may entail—upon
bodily death. This prediction finds circumstantial but significant confirmation in
reports of near-death experiences and psychedelic trances, both of which can be
construed as glimpses into the early stages of the death process.

BRAINLETS BTFO
>>
>>8802985
Whatever makes you sleep at night kiddo
>>
>>8802992
ITT: brainlet gets dominated and put in his place, leaving him a blubbering mess on the floor muttering 'kiddo' to himself
>>
>>8802985
>This prediction finds circumstantial but significant confirmation in
>reports of near-death experiences and psychedelic trances, both of which can be
>construed as glimpses into the early stages of the death process.
I would like to consider idealism but using this sort of shit as an argument instantly destroys any credibility.
>>
>>8803000
This is entertaining, have another (you) and amuse me some more.
>>
>>8803005
That was my thought upon reading it

That said, it doesn't actually disprove it
>>
>>8802828
The pleadians told some hippies channeling them that nuclear weapons cause some sort of problem with peoples consciousness reaching the next sphere or whatever.
>>
>>8802832
/Thread
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.