[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Destroying Humanity Help Faggots!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: bee-hero.jpg (151KB, 1200x742px) Image search: [Google]
bee-hero.jpg
151KB, 1200x742px
Okay nerds how would you go about killing all the bees so the world and humanity dies?
>>
>>8802452
I wonder what the ratio of dead bee/loss of life is.
>>
>>8802452
We're doing pretty well on that so far. I'd just let people kesp going like they're going. Maybe start assassinating scientists trying to stop it from happening.
>>
>>8802452
selectively breed a super race of varroa mites and release billions of them into the world
>>
>>8802452

Bees aren't the only pollinators.
>>
>>8802452
Bees sting me so I fucking kill them.

There is NOTHING wrong with that.
>>
>>8803424
Bee != wasp
>>
>>8803424
>bumblebees sting unprovoked
Also
>killing something because you scared it and as a result caused you a mild amount of pain
Edgelords pls
>>
File: ho.jpg (64KB, 800x654px) Image search: [Google]
ho.jpg
64KB, 800x654px
>>8803467
It's already dead if it used it's sting.

This is /sci/?
>>
By the way, there is good news on the bee front:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/10/10/believe-it-or-not-the-bees-are-doing-just-fine/?utm_term=.ec66b0a1aa31

I'm sure all our save-the-bees friends will be very happy to hear this.
>>
>>8802452

Early this spring, there was a dying bee on my doorstep, because I presume it awoke too early and there was not enough flowers and pollen to feed on, so I gave it a slice of banana and left it alone, surprisingly when I came back I saw it slurping on the banana, it regained it's energy and flew away.
>>
>>8804616

I should mention that it was a bumble bee.
>>
>>8802586
About 6 million to one
>>
File: BEEEEES.png (27KB, 742x639px) Image search: [Google]
BEEEEES.png
27KB, 742x639px
>>8803720
>the comments
Why do conspiracy theorists hate monsanto so much? Objectively they did nothing wrong in any of these cases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto#Controversies
>>
>>8802452
I would release africanized bees. They kill off useful colonies and form hives of lazy fuck bees who do nothing but sting things for no reason.
>>
>>8804715
They're a big company making profit, that irritates some people. They sometimes reportedly have some ruthless business practices, that irritates some more.

What I don;t undersatand is why folks who were so concerned about hive collapse and a feared bee die-off are not happy to learn that it turns out we're fine on the bee front. That would seem good news. But they get mad if you share the news with them, I find.
>>
>>8804715
Monsanto is unironically a very shady company. They produced most of the Agent Orange used in the Vietnam War.
>>
>>8804770
>They produced most of the Agent Orange used in the Vietnam War.
And?
>>
>>8804718
They're nigger bees.
>>
>>8804792
It's one of many things that have given them a bad reputation.
>>
If all bees died off (which they wouldn't - the few species that are endangered don't count as any sizable portion of the total species population) another pollinator would rise, either naturally or through human manipulation. The Facebook green peace alarmists are dumb.
>>
>>8804770
The very idea of such a large shady company moving to control so much of the food supply using unethical business practices and armies of lawyers is worrisome. You don't have to be a conspiratard to see that but an ignorant moran if you don't see the danger inherent there.

Anyway, apiarist biz is fine, it's easy to make more after a colony collapse or whatever. They would also know the best way to kill them off but that would just create demand for more, conflict of interest.
>>
File: 1491233936123.jpg (66KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
1491233936123.jpg
66KB, 500x509px
>>8802452
>tfw most everything is pollinated by wasps, ants, flies, etc, and not much is pollinated by bees in comparison
>tfw grains are wind pollinated
>>
>>8802452
why would you want to end humanity? You yourself are human so whatever actions you take against humanity will affect you too.

The best thing to do is just wait and see if the collapsing hive colony syndrome continues across america and the rest of the world.
>>
>>8804797
>asked to create a weapon
>it does its job
Why?
>>
File: general chowgiif.gif (37KB, 300x187px) Image search: [Google]
general chowgiif.gif
37KB, 300x187px
>>8804806
>My arguments are important and compelling, so I am going to insult everybody until they believe me.

Not sure if good tactic...

But assuming for a second the validity of your position, would not the best response be to support more companies, competitive with Monsanto, doing genetic engineering for the farm? Demonizing a useful technology (which you didn't do in your post, but is a usual tactic of the anti-Monsanto activist) seems counterproductive.
>>
>>8806268
Not the same person but I have no problem with Monsanto's technology side but their litigation tactics of going after small farmers for GMO cross pollination is extremely cancerous (figuratively) and (not to say that no other company does this) their ability to avoid regulations and influence policy due to their massive amounts of capital and armies of lawyers is a serious risk to society at large.
>>
File: 1465663361758.jpg (187KB, 849x471px) Image search: [Google]
1465663361758.jpg
187KB, 849x471px
>>8806101
I don't think the problem was hardly ever that it was a weapon. The problem was whether or not they (Monsanto & Dow) knew about the horrendous shit it did to the people that were exposed to it.

At first it was just another thing for hippies to protest against along with the war.

>mfw Dow chemists kept developing Napalm despite the hippies
>>
>>8806318
Thank you for a thoughtful post. I was surprised to see that, upon further research, it turned out that some of the claims of corporate excess I had seen for may years about Monsanto turned out to be incorrect. So I am maybe less worried about that than you are.

I'm not sure I see a serious risk n their size and clout to "society at large;" their big, but the world is full of big influential corporations and institutions that often have competing interests.

But anyway, thanks again for a thoughtful response.
>>
>>8806818
OK,but I am not sure that "disregarding what hippies tell you to do" is something I am gong to be too mad about.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.