[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chemistry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: quantum.jpg (24KB, 335x234px) Image search: [Google]
quantum.jpg
24KB, 335x234px
The most confusing part of Chemistry: Learning the Quantum Theory. Prove me wrong

>protip: You can't
>>
Converting units.
>>
Dimensional Analysis
>>
Remembering that Tungsten is W
>>
>>8802092
>Remembering that Tungsten is W
this
>>
Staying motivated to study one of the dullest subjects in science.
>>
>>8802131
oh shit Im bout to college to be a chemical engineer
>>
>>8802063
Trying to understand the lab TA who has a chinese/english dictionary on the desk, speaks no english, and communicates by pointing.
>>
>>8802133
rip in pieces
>>
REMEMBERING THE DAMN NAME REACTIONS.
>>
>>8802063
>Quantum Theory
>Chemisty

pick one.
>>
>>8802063
Kirkwood-Buff theory derivation is pretty based
>>
>>8802908
This is up there

Really, just organic synthesis in general. It's a lot of mind-numbing memorization of reagents that honestly doesn't have a lot of benefit. Everything about Organic mechanism theory is pretty cool though.

>>8802938
Please, don't embarrass yourself
>>
>>8802938
>What is valence shell electron pair repulsion theory
>what is electron orbital geometry
>what is molecular orbital theory
>>
i had a smug highschool teacher that made fun of chemistry majors thinking a quantum chemistry course was difficult

he had a master's in physics, of course
>>
>>8802092
thats because its called wolfram
>>
>>8802063
as someone who's taking physical chemistry

1000 this

what the fucking abstract shit, fuck your operators, commutators, eigencunts, quantizing, legendrians, fuck ALL OF IT FUCK YOU
>>
>>8802133
don't worry senpai
you won't even touch chemistry
all you'll be doing is calculating rate of flow of liquids and gases through pipes
>enjoy
>>
Magnetochemistry is a fucking bitch desu
>>
>>8802133
I just decided to switch my major from Chem Eng to physics after 2 years of studying.
Fuck chemistry.
>>
>>8803191
My boy.

Also:
>K is kalium, not potassium
>Na is natrium, not sodium
>Al is aluminium, not aluminum

Fucking brainlet English speakers, to be queer.
>>
>>8805444
>the most confusing part of chemical engineering

Non isothermal continuous stirred reactor modelation with reversible reactions.
And i mean the FULL model, with stirring model varying with the viscosity. and heat exchanger included.

It's a bitch.

But thankfully in real life like 90% of the things are just made in lab or supposed as constant or average to simplify the calculations.

I find it interesring that you can make things as complex or as simple as you want.
Something as simple as a Cp(heat capacity) can be taken constant in small ranges with no physical state change. But you can also use the specific equation which is an integral with three constants from russian tables from 1950

>>8802133
>>8803877

Also thia guy's amost correct.
Chem eng is more of the flow of well fluids and their interactions, aswell as thermodynamics systems and unitary processes. I love it so far and still have 2 semesters left, feel like I'm learning something cool everyday.

And you may touch deeply on chemistry, if you choose your topics on it, i took Mechanistic Organic Cemistry, and it was a bitch.
>>
quantum theory is physics not chemistry.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.