[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come the fact that he was a fat fuck is not common knowledge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1-PcFzUFUVYDDI0qd1BchScg.png (116KB, 303x542px) Image search: [Google]
1-PcFzUFUVYDDI0qd1BchScg.png
116KB, 303x542px
>Throughout his life, Ramanujan was plagued by health problems. His health worsened in England. He was diagnosed with tuberculosis and a severe vitamin deficiency, and was confined to a sanatorium.
>[[[vitamin deficiency]]]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srinivasa_Ramanujan
>>
He was too smart for his race so his body deteriorated.
>>
>he is the sole reason people are starving in india
>>
The fact that he was fat is not widely known is because he himself is not really a widely known figure. Outside the world of leftist internet pop-science nobody cares about a random indian guy who happened to be good in maths but wasn't exceptional in any way that would justify the adoration he has received.
>>
>>8800371
Well he was put on Indian currency so I assume he's much better known over there. And maybe they do know.
>>
>>8800331
Isn't it common knowledge? I thought it was, but only if you read Kanigel's book.

Anyways back then I think being fat might have been a sign of health, even in England. When he was ill, he became very thin.
>>8800371
You're clearly not a math major. Anyone who has done research in mathematics has probably heard of him, especially in the more abstract fields like number theory.
>>8800458
It was on a stamp, not a bill.
>>
Can you become that fat being a vegetarian?
In the movie Ramanujan was pictured as starving on a bland broth diet.
>>
>>8800331
>How come the fact that he was a fat fuck is not common knowledge?

Literally who?
>>
>>8800465
>Anyone who has done research in mathematics has probably heard of him, especially in the more abstract fields like number theory.

>widely known

Pick one.

Thu answer's OP's question.
>>
>>8800468
How come there are no Pakistani mathematicians?
>>
>>8800467
Potato chips are vegetables too.
>>
>>8800470
Cuz muslims r dumb.
>>
>>8800467
He started eating little when he moved to England since his caste didn't allow him to eat food (even vegetarian) prepared by a non-Brahmin.

Once he drank a certain beverage which he was promised to contain only vegetarian ingredients, he read the packaging afterwards and it said that it may contain meat products. He immediately ran and a bomb struck nearby (for context this was during WWI). He thought his God was trying to punish him.
>>8800469
What? The average educated Indian knows who Ramanujan is, and the average mathematician knows who he is.

If you're asking me why it isn't known that Ramanujan was fat, it was probably overlooked. In his graduation image (when he got his bachelor's from Trinity College, Cambridge), he was fat then as well. Probably becoming thinner or malnourished since he ate little and didn't go outside much.
>>
>>8800331
Kek, in the movie he was played by some skinny pajeet.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.