[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the science behind wanting to kill yourself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0119.jpg (24KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0119.jpg
24KB, 352x352px
What's the science behind wanting to kill yourself?
>>
>>8799567
No pain>pain

But also that most problems are situational and have solutions which is realized in intense moments such as jumping off a bridge....
>>
>>8799569
Actually pain IS JUST a part of life.
Suffering however, is optional.
>>
>>8799582
Wrong
>>
>>8799630

he's not wrong

suffer is a verb

pain is mandatory, suffering is optional.

suffering is a result of wrong thinking and wrong behavior.
>>
>>8799630
wrong.

read more. Pain is a sensation. Suffering is a product of the mind.
>>
sticking a fork in an outlet won't kill you

it's probably a serotonin deficiency coupled with a lack of love/nurturing from the local environment one finds themself in

cultivating meaningful friendships is a step towards overcoming suicidal thoughts, and those with several friends are often less depressed (i have no sources)

making friends can be accomplished as easily as getting a job
>>
>>8799643
Top kek mind sharing that knowledge of yours to US operative that could get tortured?

Because it smells like bullshit
>>
>>8799670
>making friends can be accomplished as easily as getting a job
See that's why you're not suicidal.
>>
>>8799670
Sticking a fork in an outlet will kill you
>>
>>8799845

i've been shocked several times and to my knowledge im still alive
>>
>>8799852
It's probably because all the space that air occupies instead of grey matter in your cranium acts like a bad conductor, which doesn't allow a circuit to get completed and kill you from getting shocked at minuscule intervals.
>>
From biological point of view, most likely either mental illness or a bad position in your sociological hierarchy, be it captivity, the inability to breed or to gather resources.
>>
>>8799705
He could learn from the monks that willfully set fire to themselves.
>>
>>8799670
>>8799845
>>8799852
The only way a 120v outlet will kill you is if the current path travels through your heart, this has a good chance to stop it. Grab a grounded piece of metal with your right hand first. A grounded pipe would work.
>>
>>8799582
Do you choose whether you are hungry? Hot? Cold?

Suffering is no more a choice than any other emotion or sensation you feel. You choose how to react to it, not whether you feel it.
>>
Dude, not much. Not feeling the will to live is normal, so just kill yourself nigger.
>>
>>8801284
It's 220v over here and it can definitely kill you, I personally know someone who killed herself that way.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.