[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

matlab + space engineering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: h5g3etjnacmazg8oq17z_400x400.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
h5g3etjnacmazg8oq17z_400x400.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
Hey guys. I just into a volunteering work with a local space program.

I've been given a task to explore on converting Matlab codes into C programming. Also to learn some of Matlab software.

I have some programming experience with Java and have been working with it for several years and some web development experience as well. But I don't have Matlab nor any data science/engineer kinda work before.

So, what does Matlab have anything to do with aerospace industry? Can someone give me example of any github repo or open source projects that does so? Another thing is where and how do I start learning the aerospace engineering with Matlab/C language? Do I need a lot of mathematics equation to begin with? Or just a knowledge on how calculus work should suffice?

Thanks guys
>>
>>8798653
Suggest me some books (pdf, epub) that I should read for learning
>>
>>8798653
>what does matlab have to do with the aerospace industry?

Matlab is a useful high level programming language for basically any scientific field. The toolboxes are very helpful when doing statistical analysis, data analytics, large computations, machine learning etc. Matlab is used a lot in quantitative finance, research, engineering etc.

>open source projects?

Lots of useful open source libraries you can find

>how do I learn?

Literally the same as every other programming language. Practice it and look at the documentation when you need to

>do I need a lot of math?

Obviously this depends on what you're doing with it. Some projects require 0 math, some require advanced math. This is like asking if you need to know biology to work at a university.
>>
>>8798653
>I have some programming experience with Java and have been working with it for several years and some web development experience as well

Kill yourself.
>>
>>8798663
What is the low level counterpart of this language?
>>
>>8798698
High level does not mean difficult, it means independent of OS. Easily transferrable etc. I'm starting to find it hard to believe you've done java development for years. What kind of volunteer work will you be doing with the space program?
>>
>>8798708

this. if you have worked with java for "several years" then you know what high and low level programming means

why people lie on 4chan is fucking beyond me
>>
>>8798653
>asks questions that can be found on google
>seems to know nothing about programming at all
>claims to already be a developper
>project involves converting matlab to C when there is literally a compiler that does exactly this

wtf is this entire thread?
>>
>>8798734
Brainlets can't do anything without asking for help from someone.
>>
>>8798653
>I've been given a task to explore on converting Matlab codes into C programming.
Cant matlab do that automatically?

>I have some programming experience with Java
I am very sorry.

>So, what does Matlab have anything to do with aerospace industry?
It is a very useful software for engineers and scientists.
It allows you to do (very inefficient) calculations and simulations.

>Can someone give me example of any github repo or open source projects that does so?
Google should tell you.

>Another thing is where and how do I start learning the aerospace engineering with Matlab/C language?
Start to learn the basics of aerospace engineering, while doing that you will realize at what points using matlab can be beneficial to giving you the results you need and helps you simulate stuff.

>Do I need a lot of mathematics equation to begin with?
No, but you will have to learn a lot.
Also you should know some stuff about DEs, Linear algebra, numerics and analysis (just to name a few things) to be able to grasp the basics of aerospace engineering.

>Or just a knowledge on how calculus work should suffice?
Not even close.
>>
>>8798653
install Simulink then run the C Coder
done
>>
>>8798653
Matlab is one of the most straightforward coding languages you will encounter.

It also has tons of preset programs that you can just use instead of making said functions yourself.

Matworks is a great place to go if you need some help getting down the syntax.
>>
>local space program
Are you in Kenya?
>>
>>8798663
>>8798667
>>8798708
>>8798716
>>8798734
>>8798743
>>8798794
Sorry for the stupid question being asked earlier. I knew it would be stupid because I didn't think much before I pressed the post reply button. Well, fml. That just showed how beginner and stupid I am in this kind of topic. And thank you to those who answered my questions and gave me guidance.

>>8799655
One of the ASEAN country, the team is a finalist for GLXP mission to send a robot to the moon by the end of this year. I guess you can search for it because it's the only team in SEA country that involved in this project.

I'm only doing a volunteering job here, so I expect to learn a lot from this mission in the area of aerospace engineering, which I am _very_ new at. Whether to go or not to go there (the moon), it would be very good if I get the chance to study and learn how the aerospace works. Now I'm both excited and intimidated at the same time, of being part of this team among others who are more expert than me.

Pardon my english. I blame my asian culture for not having a good command in english in the first place. Not trolling. Just curious.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.