[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brainlet general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5931.jpg (24KB, 318x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5931.jpg
24KB, 318x313px
Anyone else having a bad case of brainfog here? It's honestly hindering my studies now. It feels like my thoughts are clouded, and when I'm thinking I'm like flying blindly looking for pieces of my thoughts. I know some of you would say to see a doctor, I've seen one and he just says you're probably just anxious, and tells me to go home and sleep it off, and doesn't prescribe shit to me, sending me home with a consultation fee. Probably someone here has a similar case like me.

Known symptoms:
1. Strong heartbeats that I can feel while just sitting down from my chest
2. De-motivated
3. Constant feeling of lethargy

I've tried everything, I've tried Vitamin B-complex, Caffeine, Fish Oil supplements and even as far as Ginseng.
>>
>>8797970
just drink until you have worse problems so you don't have to worry about that bullshit
>>
>>8797972
Yea, I do down an Asahi once in a while
>>
>>8797970
Are you getting enough sleep? I require 10 hours of sleep every night or I'm sub-optimal
Do you work out? Working out can help clear fog-causing hormones in your brain. I don't know the exact science, but think of it like lactic acid. Cognitive stress (studying, work, etc) causes "bad hormones" to buildup, which cause "brain fog." Strenuous exercise will flush everything. Really.
Do you eat well? High sodium/fat diets can make you feel sluggish.
Are you sure it's brain fog and you just don't understand the topic? Gaps in knowledge can feel like "brain fog" or "just not getting it," but really, you just need to back and build your base
>>
>>8797983
I'm pre med.
>sleep
I'm getting 6 hours standard.
>work out
Used to gym, but not right now. Should I go back to /fit/?
>Cognitive stress
1. High gpa maintainance
2. hospital reseach and shadowing
3. MCAT
yea it's there
>Strenuous exercise will flush out everything
Ok I'll go back to /fit/
>Do you eat well?
I'm lazy, so I just down Mcdonalds like 4 times a week
>Are you sure it's brain fog not you don't understand the topic
I'm sure it's brain fog, I've been studying long enough to tell the difference between 3 things, not understanding the topic, study burnout and brainfog. When I don't understand the material, I feel like a mental roadblock, like I can't move ahead. But this is different, I can see a mental picture of the full concept, just that it feels like I'm fishing for it in my mind, like i'm flying in blind.
Thanks brother.
>>
>>8797970
Bumping for help
>>
>>8797970
I've only ever felt like that when work skipped my weekend. Humans are neurotic clocks, you have to have a routine or else you'll never enter actual brain healing sleep. It's all about cycles.

You ionize sodium channels while understanding things, rem sleep de-ionizes those channels. If you're not getting the rem sleep, your leaving yourself with less and less neurons to send ions & salts through. You used to see things in 4k, but now you're 1080. Keep going and you'll end up at 640p.

Last note: colleges do not want you to get enough sleep. They start losing money if to many people graduate each year. Your going to have to fight for this.
>>
>>8797993
In other words, you're stressed, don't sleep enough and eat poorly. You should try addressing those things first before looking for more advanced solutions, as that's where your problem almost certainly lies
>>
>>8797993
I'm in roughly the same spot. Buy protein and make shakes even if you don't work out, it's improved my quality of life significantly. Sleep nine hours on the weekends to kind of balance it out. Go jogging probably. How much do you study before having a break? You're in the USA, if all else fails just adderall that shit.

>hospital reseach and shadowing
for what purpose, i mean as far as i know americans do physics chemistry and biochemistry in premed, what's the point in shadowing
>>
File: 1486977653147.jpg (137KB, 740x746px) Image search: [Google]
1486977653147.jpg
137KB, 740x746px
>>8797970
Have you considered masturbating less?
>>
>>8798115
>In other words, you're stressed, don't sleep enough and eat poorly.

This always puzzled me: kinda like with technology where you are asked to restart your PC, re-install the program, install new drivers...this seems like something that everyone tells you you should do if you have any problems before looking for further solutions.

YET aren't a lot of programmers, scientists stressed/sleep deprived and eating a diet of fast food and soda and yet they get work done?
>>
>>8798194

Have you tried the Pomodoro technique?

Basically just study in 4 25-minute segments with a 5 minute break in between, then then a 15-30 minute break and reset.

I started recently it really helps me keep focused. When you take breaks don't allow yourself to think about studying judt clear your head and relax.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.