[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uncertainty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Schrodinger.png (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Schrodinger.png
12KB, 500x500px
If you stand on the edge of two possibilities between a happening or b without prior knowledge, sort of like Schrodinger's cat, could your perception determine whether a or b happens. If so, wouldn't you hypothetically be proving the existence of multiple realities, if it truly occurred based on how you thought it would turn out?
>>
>>8795361
If so, would the concept of personal realities play a huge role in the process of trans-versing through the various realities which are laid out in front of you?
>>
It should be firstly noted that one of the most common misconceptions about QM is that consciousness plays any factor into it. What throws everyone off is the use of the word "observe".

A wave function isn't collapsed when somebody thinks "I'm gonna give this a look," and observes it. Once some particle or such interacts with an object is when the wave function collapses.
>>
>>8795369
So how you think an outcome will result does not determine how you will interpret the outcome to transpire or result?
>>
>>8795374

Nothing I have seen has suggested as much and I personally doubt it would.

When a quantum process collapses a wave function, the result is purely up to chance. Experiments have shown a lack of determinism, though things usually follow a pattern (electrons can be found anywhere, but the chance of them being within a very close shell to their nucleus is almost guaranteed)

There is no known reason why thinking something would have any effect on the physical state of an object.
>>
>>8795377
I'm not referring to the object itself, i'm referring to how things would happen from your eyes. I mean how the occurrence would transpire from the reality you experience. Would your thoughts or preconceptions about the experience determine how you would absorb the information concerning the outcome?
>>
>>8795387
Why would it
>>
>>8795392
The placebo effect kind of bears some relevance on the power of the mind. Can you see the correlation?
>>
>>8795394
No; the body/immune system and quantum effects are two completely different things.
>>
>>8795401
I mean how you visually absorb the information of the event. How you "see" it happen. I mean how your body absorbs the information concerning the event.
>>
>>8795421

I may be misunderstanding your meaning of "absorb" but if you're talking about how we see what happened, photons bounce off of something (this would collapse the wave function) and the photons hit our eyes, which is how we would see it.

With quantum effects, however, you don't really see them with your own eyes (not on the microscale, at least). You do test and measure the outcome somehow with instrumentation.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.