[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are medical schools so autistic when it comes to GPA?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

They only care about your undergrad gpa as well as the useless humanities aspects of the MCAT

They will also not give a shit about your masters and even phd; even if you have a lot of research, and overall are a much more valuable asset to the scientific community than that 3.8 Indian kid from UCLA; you could probably be a nobel prize laureate and they still will at best wait list you
>>
>>8788948
inflated self-importance
>>
>>8788948
"All applicants are equal"
>>
>>8788948
Because if you didn't get in the first time, it means you weren't groomed to succeed, which means you're probably low class. Med school is for the elite.
>>
>>8788948

Because it's a highly competitive field so they don't need to lower their standards to let dummies like you in.
>>
>>8788948
How autistic are american med schools when it comes to repeated courses? The only way I'll get a 3.8 gpa is if I redo half of the courses I've ever taken.
>>
>>8789016
If you aren't black they will not even consider your application to even exist
>>
>>8788991
Funny but true, my cousin who's a doctor now literally had his hand held through every step of his life by his daddy
>>
>>8788991
or, you know, you're a minority
>>
Doctors purposely keep the supply of doctors low. So they can command higher.wages.

We can't even import more doctors. As they have to take a bunch of tests over and do years of residency again.
>>
>>8788994
well, I would say having a masters and a phd with a lot of published papers puts you well above some korean from UC Berkeley who was just a lab tech but happened to have a 3.8 gpa
>>
>>8789560
Yeah but that's because you failed at getting into med school after the basic prereqs which means you're dumber than that 3.8 gpa kid. When he's your age, he'll be a medical doctor, making 10x as much as you.
>>
>>8789333
I call bullshit. I work through different hospitals in surgery monitoring people's nervous system and 9/10 docs in the states are from another country.
>>
>>8789752
doctors in the US can command higher wages than almost all other countries.

yet the US still has fewer doctors per 100,000 people than most other western nations.
>>
>>8788948
Plz QQ moar OP.
>>
>>8789567
how about, you just decided that you want do more research because you have a passion for it then decided you want to become doctor rather than viewing life as nothing more than a series of merit badges like most indian people do in their vapid existence
>>
>>8789960
So you had the grades to get into med school the first time but you CHOSE to go into research instead? That sounds pretty stupid. And if you had a passion for it, which later faded, it says that you don't really have foresight or commitment. We'd rather have that 3.8 gpa kid who knew right from the beginning that he wanted to be a doctor :^)

I'm being a dick because these are the kinds of judgement that doctors will make about you if you make it to the interview stage.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.