[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Minesweeper 4-bit adder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: ThumbnailAdder.png (517KB, 1629x1272px) Image search: [Google]
ThumbnailAdder.png
517KB, 1629x1272px
Here is a 4 bit adder in minesweeper! (Yes a minesweeper grid and rules can compute addition and in fact every possible computations) See details in the post replies.
>>
File: Diag11-AdderUseA.png (464KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Diag11-AdderUseA.png
464KB, 1920x1080px
1) Write first number in binary in the top light blue cells of the below 4bit adder. (1 = mine, 0 = no mine).
>>
File: Diag11-AdderUseB.png (473KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Diag11-AdderUseB.png
473KB, 1920x1080px
2) Write second number in binary in the top dark blue cells of the below 4bit adder. (1 = mine, 0 = no mine).
>>
File: Diag11-AdderUseC.png (486KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Diag11-AdderUseC.png
486KB, 1920x1080px
3) Solve the rest of the grid with the standard Minesweeper rules.

4) You can now read the result of the addition of your two numbers in the orange left + the top pink cells of the adder. Like here.
>>
File: Diag09-4BitAdderSchema.png (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Diag09-4BitAdderSchema.png
118KB, 1920x1080px
Here is the basic logic circuit that is encoded in this minsweeper grid. Please refer to it to anderstand how the logical components are encoded.
>>
Source: youtube passe-science l'additionneur.
Here is a link (but in french!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BCVqS1Hadc
>>
>>8788363
sounds pretty cool but I don#t really get how an output is generated.
You can input stuff by placing mines but how is an output created when the mine map never changes? Only what you see of it changes but since (afaik) all positions are cleared in the end (except for mines obv.) there is still no way to get a different result depending on the inputs.
Are the iterations of your computation the solving of the game?
>>
>>8788400
You can refer the the video (even if you do not speak french the pictures might show enough). But in a nutshell the grid can be SOLVED MULTIPLE WAYS BEFORE you decide the mines/no mine of the two first numbers. and can only be SOLVED IN A SINGLE WAY AFTER you decide them. :) And this only way to solve the grid compute the output where on the location explained above.
>>
>>8788421
It still doesn't make sense to me.
In the video it seems like the numbers are fixed and you input something through mines. Then depending on the input and the numbers another mine has to (or can't) be as a specific output position.
But that's bullshit because the numbers are generated by the mine positions so the mine must have been there in the first place anyways, i.e. when you put in your input you also have to put in the correct output yourself if you want your numbers to stay the same.
Sounds like computation inspired by minesweeper yet but I don't see it as being to compute stuff through either playing or (which I would also accept) mapping minesweeper.
>>
>>8788368
It's kinda cheating IMO if you let the user place mines as a form of input, because the regular minesweeper game doesn't allow that. It would be cooler if you had to input a number by clicking/not clicking a cell, but I'm not sure if that would even give you meaningful input.

>>8788421
>in a nutshell the grid can be SOLVED MULTIPLE WAYS BEFORE you decide the mines/no mine of the two first numbers. and can only be SOLVED IN A SINGLE WAY AFTER you decide them
That, however, is pretty neat.
So did you make this OP or just take it from that french guy? Anyway cool stuff.
>>
>>8788421
how are there multiple ways to solve a grid? In the end you have a flag on every bomb and everything else uncovered... the states inbetween depend on your solving algorithm
>>
File: Diag00-Fil.png (15KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Diag00-Fil.png
15KB, 1920x1080px
>>8788442
Maybe the first example of the basic "wire" will be more meaningful to you?

if you have the attached structure you can see there is 2 ways to solve it:
-it can start by a mine and alternate.
-it can start without mine and alternate.
What you decided somewhere let's say the left can be see as an input, and through the rules to solve the rest what is on the left can be see as an output.
For the adder it's the same thing, determine things for the localtion of the two first numbers, propagate a unique solution to the described output. This output showing the binary result of the addition.
>>
This is incredibly dumb and forced. Serves only as bait for facebook clickbait IFLS articles
>>
>>8788444
I am the french guy that did it :)
>>
>>8788454
but nothing propagates.
What you are thinking of is placing those numbers and then a mine.
And then you place flags the way you are forced to (depending on the input).
But that's not how minesweeper works. You place the mines and the numbers are generated from that.
At each one of those hidden tiles there is already a mine or not. If you place a mine in the most left tile you must have had to place a mine at the right end. And if the left end is empty then the right end must have been empty the whole time too.
I can see how you can compute things with minesweeper rules by laying out a set of numbers and placing mines as input. The iteratons of the computation are the process of deducing where mines have to be (placing flags).
But if all you truly can do is create a minesweeper map then I don't agree that you can do computation.
>>
>>8788472
Yes this is not how minesweeper works but there is some liberty taken here.
But you have another way to see it that will be how minesweeper works if you prefer:
If you try to solve this big 4bitadder grid as is, you will have multiple solutions, but in each of the solutions (that will all match the numbers) you will always see the binary orange left + top pink location being the binary-sum of the the binary light blue locations and the binary dark blue locations.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.