[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can you compete against cheating peers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Is the only option to do it yourself? This is provided you can't gather proof of them doing it.
>>
>>8786790
Can you be more precise please? Are you talking about peers stealing your article ideas during peer review or something else?
>>
>>8786790
my friend, stay true to yourself and try your best.
The skills you learn from taking the road less traveled will make you more valuable!

i graduated with a 2.87 gpa, but got a job before i even graduated. It was the first job i had ever gotten without even knowing anybody in the company.

i showed them i worked hard through other means than my gpa
>>
>>8786790
git gud
>>
>>8786790
If you arnt doing everything to get ahead in life you are doing yourself a disservice. Do what ever it takes. It's a dog eat dog world. Dont fuk around in life b/c someone will most definitely step on you in a heartbeat to get themselves further in life and not even look back.
>>
>>8786790
There are only two end states, success or failure.

Cheaters who don't get caught get a degree and an inflated GPA.
>>
>>8786806
Thats pretty motivational but like im not op but i personally just let people step on me, i just dont really care anymore
>>
File: 1438607928419.jpg (56KB, 552x510px) Image search: [Google]
1438607928419.jpg
56KB, 552x510px
You literally can't. I've complained to the professor, and I've complained to the EthicsPoint system which went directly to one of the top department heads. Literally they asked the professor and TA if anyone was cheating: the professor wasn't there for the midterm, TA left the room and that's when students were cheating. They both said no and called it a day. LITERALLY that is 100% of the investigative effort my university (University at Buffalo, NY) put into reports of graduates cheating on a midterm. The graduates were already copying homework, and of course nothing was done then either.

I complained again about how they did nothing, and then when they told me how they did nothing, I became a (((person of concern))) and was called in because I said it was disgusting and I'd hurt the people that were cheating if I ever saw them again.

Found out from the scolding that more than FUCKING HALF THE CLASS was cheating on homework in one of them, and nothing was done. I've told people, even the people at school and they're just like "well why does it matter to you" and it's like "HALF OF MY CLASSMATES ARE CHEATERS YOU STUPID FUCKING NIGGER THIS UNIVERSITY AND DEGREE IS SHIT". I wish I could say that part, but christ people are retarded.

It's beyond a cultural problem because in literally every class the majority of the class is copying homework and the teachers just shrug and say "well I support working with others :^) ". Thankfully there have been a few classes that emphasize in-class/test work more than homework, and surprise, I go from being average or below average to more than a standard deviation up.
>>
>>8786852
Shut up nark they don't care
>>
>>8786802

This, basically. If you can't outperform a cheater, maybe you ought to transfer to engineering.
>>
>>8786852
Especially the honor/pre med students. They just cheat non-stop or use very unscrupulous methods. I saw a huge problem with people saving all material from a course and giving it to other people taking the class later, to included tests and such.

It's not like the university is going to kick out all its most "prestigious" students.
>>
>>8786852
>Being this booty blasted about copying homework

There is nothing wrong with looking at a friends answers for inspiration provided you at least gave it the old college try.
>>
>>8786801
>>8786802
>>8786806
these guys are all correct. basically don't let other people's actions decide yours and be the best you can be. if that means you're going to cheat then so be it but don't forget that preparing for a test well is a learning experience that you will miss out on
>>
>>8786790
Any test where its possible to cheat is bullshit anyway. A test should test your ability to apply knowledge and think on the spot, not how good you are at memorizing shit. Ive had a lot of tests where you could take your textbook and any notes you want (Some professors limit this to only 2-3 A4 pages), people failed the shit out of these tests because they arnt used to having to think in exams, just write down what you memorized and you get an A. Best test I ever had was in fluid mechanics where we never did supersonic flow, but in the test we were given 30 pages of some textbook about supersonic flow and had to do problems involving it. Holy shit people were mad as hell.

The only real form of cheating is communicating with others during the test to share answers, but any competent professor should be able to detect it when a group of people gave the same answers for a test. (This has happened to people in my class before, in one exam we had full internet access and some people emailed each other during the test, professor realized they had the same answers and they all had to redo the subject).

>>8787190
As above, any competent professor will realize when people just copies from someone and give them 0. Happened to me once because a friend looked at my answers then the retard just copied it along with names of temporary variables and shit.

>>8786986
>people saving all material from a course and giving it to other people taking the class later, to included tests and such.
my university does this anyway, you get access to all material, previous 3 years tests and memos. If you can 'cheat' by reading a previous test paper, your professors are shit and recycling old questions anyway, so why bother?
>>
>>8787745
This

That's why math and physics are GOAT

If you go to a good college
It will LITERALLY be impossible to cheat on test and homework.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.