[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calculator General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: cx cas.jpg (12KB, 143x300px) Image search: [Google]
cx cas.jpg
12KB, 143x300px
I'm studying electrical engineering as well as computer science, and need to buy a decent graphing calculator. Is a TI-Nspire CX CAS overkill? Is there a better option?
>>
>>8782976
use your computer
>>
How could it be an overkill? You get nice desktop app aswell. If you pay thousands of dollars for your education, you should use one hundred to a good calculator that last your lifetime.
>>
Not sure about CS but a TI-89 got me through EE just fine
>>
File: fx-4800P-L.jpg (377KB, 491x951px) Image search: [Google]
fx-4800P-L.jpg
377KB, 491x951px
>>8782977
this

Don't get a super fancy touch screen graphing calculator as it is simpler to just use your phone

As an electrical engineering student aswell ,get a good Casio/Texas Ind. scientific calculator . It needs to have
>integral and differential calculation (for electromagnetic field calculations)
>matrices and linear system equations (good for solving circuits using Kirchhoff's laws)
>imaginary numbers (for alternating currents)
>programable
>big ass screen

That's all a calculator needs to do anything more complicated as graphing is usually really hard to set up on a calculator and hard to read from. Just download Desmos or Wolfram and do it there

Calculator main purpose is to be on the hand for fast calculations(and graphing isn't that). If you just want to multiply two imaginary numbers on a phone you would first need to unlock it, find the app, wait for it to open and then calculate. On a calculator you do that immediately
On the other hand, if you want to graph on your calculator the process is quite similar to phone (you need to set up the graphing)

I myself have a Fx-4800p and the only con is that it doesn't do matrices (but does equation systems). It also has recursion, assembly programming,different number bases and around 40 different constants. That would be my suggestion
>>
>>8782976
>engineer
get the TI-36x pro. its the highest functionality calculator that you are allowed to use on the FE/PE exam.
>>
>>8783309
Maybe you should get a TI-nspire with CAS
>>
Www.desmos.com/calculator

Best graphing calculator right here.
>>
File: hp.png (167KB, 573x430px) Image search: [Google]
hp.png
167KB, 573x430px
>>8782976

As always, anything not capable of RPN is trash
>>
>>8783328
We're not even allowed calculators on any engineering tests. A few years back some dude managed to sneak in a programmed calculator disguised as some generic chinese one, he was caught and since then calculators aren't allowed during test. I don't even know what he managed to program or why the madman went trough all that trouble

>>8783640
That defies the idea of an calculator completely. My phone is touchscreen, smaller, fits into a pocket and does everything better than that calculator (with the right software)
>>
>>8782976
>I'm bragging about studying both EE and CS and create a thread just to do it using the pretext of buying a calculator
>I don't know what is GNU Octave and that it's superior to any calculator

Fuck you OP :)
>>
>>8783895
>GNU Octave
>forgetting the purpose of a calculator
>>
>>8783902
You need it only to look important and show off
>>
>>8782976
wabbimeitu you fucking cuck
>>
>>8782976
Everything about this post is plebius maximus
>>
File: webcam-toy-photo7.jpg (61KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
webcam-toy-photo7.jpg
61KB, 800x600px
>>8783902
I don't take my calculator out of my dorm
I use it to calculate, get it, because it's a CALCULATor

The point is, computers are bulky and big, they require time to turn on and it's just simpler to take the calculator and do everything. As for graphing calculators, since setting up the graphing process can take time, it's faster to take your phone and do it there. Calculator is just supposed to be a fast pocket device that calculates . I have never seen anyone starting up his pc to calculate log(15), you must be fucking autistic m8
>>
>>8783913
>>8783926
I meant to reply to you
>>
>>8783926
If you're trying to do your hw fast, you're doing it wrong.

I use excel or Google for even basic things like log, exp, looking up constants, etc.
>>
File: webcam-toy-photo8.jpg (68KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
webcam-toy-photo8.jpg
68KB, 800x600px
>>8783947
>autism detected
again, why fire up your pc to do basic shit when you can do it immediately on a calculator. If you were an engineer you would know this. Only a pleb who never calculates anything does that
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.