[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is black science man not thought of as a real scientist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 4L_h7Mr4kEx.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
4L_h7Mr4kEx.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
Why is black science man not thought of as a real scientist here? Contrarianism?
>>
>>8782299
coz hes an arrogant asshole
>>
>>8782299
he's more of a media cheerleader than an actual scientist.

also he's overly political and his twitter gets pretty cringe
>>
File: 1490418604305.jpg (29KB, 399x385px)
1490418604305.jpg
29KB, 399x385px
>>8782299
He blended the observer effect with Heisenburg's uncertainty principle on Joe Rogan's podcast because he had no idea how to differentiate them. He was asked about it and tried 3 times to change the subject because he knew he didnt know what he was talking about. And this man calls himself a "scientist".
>>
>>8782299
Because he simply isn't, he is a media personality with an interest in science.

In the same way Dara Ó Briain isn't a scientist, despite holding double honours degrees in mathematics and theoretical physics.
>>
>>8782299
he has not done literally anything useful in his field. his research is lame. if he wanted to be called a scientist, he would but with "shitty" in front of it.
>>
>>8782333
>>8782363
But he has a PhD in astrophysics. He's probably contributed more to science through actual research than 99 % of /sci/.
>>
>>8782744

He's had token work done in getting his name on publications but nothing of major note

there are 1,000's of astrophysics PhD's like him in this country

I don't think anyone is asking for a random on /sci/ to become the next big pop sci meme celeb
>>
>>8782744
He just sucks people off so they put him on their publications.
>>
>>8782336
Anyone can make mistakes...
>>
>>8782744
>>8782333
You're both right. He is a smart dude (in his specific field) and has made contributions there. He has changed his career path to be a science spokesperson, and there's nothing wrong with that. When you have the attention on you that comes with being a celebrity, you're going to get caught saying stupid shit. But he still is a good choice as a public outlet for science as a whole. And he is accepting of information that proves his tweets wrong.
>>
>>8782336
He's an astrophysicist, not quantum
>>
>>8782299
He's the scientist equivalent of a televangelist. He's cool in my book but he doesn't do real work.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.