[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this list accurate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1490447309695.png (42KB, 531x483px) Image search: [Google]
1490447309695.png
42KB, 531x483px
I saw the bibliography of
- Foundations of p-adic Teichmüller Theory (Shinichi Mochizuki)
and it's four pages long!
>Mochizuki has estimated that it would take a maths graduate student about 10 years to be able to understand his work, and Fesenko believes that it would take even an expert in arithmetic geometry some 500 hours. So far, only four mathematicians say that they have been able to read the entire proof.
http://www.nature.com/news/the-biggest-mystery-in-mathematics-shinichi-mochizuki-and-the-impenetrable-proof-1.18509
While most of the list is doable I think that it would take a lifetime for someone to become familiar with the content of the last part of the list.
Mochizuki is a smart man and I believe his estimate.
Anyone here working on the field?
>>
File: 1489051894550.jpg (38KB, 549x673px) Image search: [Google]
1489051894550.jpg
38KB, 549x673px
no that list isn't accurate, you would never need the vast majority of what's in those books

read section 3 'Studying IUT' of https://www.maths.nottingham.ac.uk/personal/ibf/notesoniut.pdf
>>
>>8780565
Good reference.
But still, what are the textbooks from the picture needed to be able to understand what is listed here:
>3.2. Entrances to IUT.
?
Say from
- Functional Analysis (Walter Rudin)
on.
>>
>>8780683
why do you keep caring about the meme list in the picture? it was obviously made by someone who doesn't understand anything about IUT (you'll notice it has essentially 0 intersection with what is listed in the notes by someone who does understand IUT). you certainly don't need to read a book on PDEs, or an entire book on algebraic topology, or an entire book on galois theory... the telltale sign that list is a meme is that p-adic teichmuller theory is listed, which a completely separet story from IUT

just read the papers and look backwards in whatever textbook you want for the algebraic geometry/anabelian geometry/algebraic number theory that you need when you come upon gaps in your knowledge
>>
>>8780722
>just read the papers and look backwards in whatever textbook you want
Great advice, thank you.
>>
>>8780557
That list doesn't list anything on Elliptic Curves, Algebraic/Arithmetic Geometry, or Deformation Theory.

Yet IUTT is suppose to be an Arithmetic Deformation Theory for Elliptic Curves.
>>
>>8780722
>an entire book on galois theory

You should really do this for any type of Arithmetic Geometry.
>>
>>8781925
>>8781925
afaik solvability by radicals, ruler and compass constructions, and the vast majority of little polynomial tools (i.e. resolvents) usually introduced in galois theory have essentially nothing to do with most arithmetic geometry (please provide examples if i'm wrong)
>>
>>8780557
>Dummit and Foote

FAIL.
>>
>>8780557

>algebra israel gelfand

damn, this looks like a good book.
>>
Anyone on /sci/ really understand what's going on in Mochimeme's work?
>>
>>8782877
No, because everyone on here's either in highschool or an undergrad
>>
>>8782877
No one except Mochizuki understands what's going on in Mochizuki's work.
>>
>>8782877
>Anyone on /sci/ really understand what's going on
nope
>>
>>8782877
this list is probably 95% of the people who are trying to understand the work as part of their day job:
http://www.uvm.edu/%7Etdupuy/participants.html
>>
>>8781982
My nigga

I actually read it yesterday

It starts slow and you are like "wtf is this kid stuff" but it picks up pace very fast

I like the way how the problems are numbered like 1-230 and chapters like 1-50; no useless "parts" or "segments"
I also like how playful the write style is. There is literally a chapter where he tells you (shortly) about music theory, and one of the problems is "go listen to Bach and enjoy"

Good book
>>
>>8781982
>>8783011
>when you motherfuckers got me to download a book on elementary algebra when i thought it would be abstract
thanks for wasting 120 seconds of my life
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.