[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Impact recieved when hitting rd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

So one time while riding a motorcyle down the road a friendly crack decided to make my day, when I was changing lanes my wheel got caught in the crack and in half a second I hit the ground to my immediate left hitting my head(with my helmet) and left side of my body, and I don't remember hitting the ground part, but the next half second the forward force kept dragging me and the motorcycle about 30yrds, I weighed 220 ibs and my motorcycle weighs 385ibs and I was going about the 40 mph, how much force would ya'll say my body recieved when it impacted the concrete road?
>>
including relativistic effects?
>>
>>8772889
One answer with and one answer without.
>>
>>8772886
Your forward velocity has nothing to do with the amount of force your body takes when hitting the ground. Unless you were traveling near orbital velocity it makes exactly 0 difference. Assuming you didnt slide into anything, and assuming you were wearing all your gear, the force would be identical to you falling over while at a stop. (I.E. you are a pussy) Also what the fuck is an ibs? What planet you from boy?
>>
>>8772913
Not accounting for relativistic effects it would not be that much force. The only damage would be from the height you feel from to the ground. (this is not accounting for friction, which is the biggest problem when you actually landed.)

Now talking realistically there are several questions to ask:

How long was the motorcycle on top of you?

Did it land on top of you when you made contact with the ground?

Height of your bike?
>>
>>8772932
If i was asked this on a test I would say the force is (1/2) * (220 pounds in kilograms) * (40)^2 divided by two

220 pounds ~ 99.7 kg

(99.7)(40)^2 = something

I'm not a physics major sorry that's just a guess
>>
>>8772924
Wrong. You assume that the only force his body feels is the change in momentum from the vertical fall, but it also feels the change in momentum from the friction between him and the ground slowing him down to a stop.

I.E. You're retarded.
>>
>>8772932
Bike was on top of me for a second and the height of motorcyle was 3.5 ft, and yes it did land on top of me.
>>
>>8772924
the forward velocity upon striking the ground would create and additional force of static friction
>>
>>8772963
>>8772944
The static friction vector would be both lesser and perpendicular to the force of impacting the ground. So, its the same as falling while stopped as far as maximum force imparted to his body is concerned.

Checkmate athiests.
>>
Cause the way i also remember it is my handlebar immediately turned all the way to left so when I landed on the ground i and my motorcycle were perpendicular instead parallel to the road when going forward, my motorcycle whent farther than I did, and I barrel rolded a couple times after the initial impact.
>>
>>8772886
do you have irritable bowel syndrome by any chance ?
>>
>>8772972
>lesser and perpendicular
depends on the height of the fall and the forward velocity but ok ill roll with it
>So, its the same as falling while stopped as far as maximum force imparted to his body is concerned.
no, you add the vectors to create a net vector which would be greater than either of the parts
>>
Can you imagine hitting someone with your car and then anytime someone Googles you the news report is one of the top hits? I don't know what I'd do.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.