[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there a way to strengthen the mind's eye?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: tbrainlet.jpg (78KB, 592x850px) Image search: [Google]
tbrainlet.jpg
78KB, 592x850px
>try to imagine a billion (to know what it looks like)
>picture as many widgets as I can
>double that
>count them
>there are only 443

How can you increase the mind's eye?
>>
>>8772547
Imagine 443+1

progressive overload breh
>>
>>8772547
>How can you increase the mind's eye?
its genetically, back then in the old days of the pyramids the pharaos were people who could handle large numbers
imagine this: if you have to take care of millions of people then you need to have the ability to handle large numbers .All leaders can handle large numbers.

I completly pulled this out of my ass so I dont know if its true
>>
File: counting for brainlets.jpg (122KB, 1041x524px) Image search: [Google]
counting for brainlets.jpg
122KB, 1041x524px
>>8772547
it's pretty easy to see 1000 as a cubic brick that's 10 units long on every axis

a million is just a thousand thousands
and a billion is just a thousand millions. A trillion is a thousand billions, and so on. Each time you envision a brick you can then take that brick and use it as the smallest unit with which to construct a new brick. Hooray for animal senses and 3 dimensions of space, you can use it count to infinity.

This makes it less daunting when Stephen Hawking says there are ten million million million million million million particles in the universe.

Note: this trick will not help you if you have difficulties counting to ten.
>>
>>8772547
>strengthen the mind's eye
strengthen your metaphor
>>
>>8772714
>Stephen Hawking says there are ten million million million million million million particles in the universe.

That we can observe. Your mama took the ugly ones and put them into one nerd.
>>
>>8772547
Ever been in inside a distribution warehouse that was empty (just built)? Im talking 1,000,000 SF bare floor. Its big and humbling. I'd always think how i could squeeze my feet into a square foot and fit a million of me. Or compare it to megaball, throw a tennis ball into the correct 1SF - but with 100 of these distribution warehouses.
>>
>>8772547
Imagine the room you are in filled to the brim with rice. That's 1 billion.
>>
>>8775858
You are in a tiny room.
>>
>>8773945
bla bla bla Carl Sagan
>>
>>8772547
>picture as many widgets as I can
>double that
>count them
>there are only 443
i really hope the initial widget count was not an integer
>>
Imagine the dicks your mother has taken. Then half it.
>>
>>8778533
Don't forget to count them in multiples of three.
>>
>>8772547

>how can i get 7
just get it
>>
>>8772547

I'm going to get flamed for this but drawing will help strengthen your "mind's eye" also known as your "imagination." The combination of you being the person drawing (sense of autonomy and mastery) and the repeated exposure to the picture increases your chance of remembering what it is you have drawn. If you focus your efforts drawing>>8772714 these kinds of pictures, you will slowly, but surely have an easier time picturing them in your "mind's eye." Be sure that when you are looking at what you've drawn, make sure to keep your head still.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.