[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the fourth dimension

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 8-cell-simple.gif (687KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
8-cell-simple.gif
687KB, 256x256px
This animation hints at the complexity that emerges when points in 4D are linked together to create basic four-dimensional objects. The object shown here is the 4D equivalent of a cube, known as a tesseract. To create this animation, the tesseract was rotated in four dimensions, then projected into three dimensions.
>>
>>8772397
>the meme dimension.

You have to understand we can't and we will never can see 4+ dimensions in our reality.
>>
>>8772397
If someone said the universe were 4D, would that mean that it wraps around itself, and you could go in one direction and end up where you started? If you follow a specific point on that gif you get a loop.
>>
I thought it was just a 3D projection of a 4D object, not the 4d object itself. The same way a series of squares would be a 2D projection of a 3D cube
>>
File: Knot_table-blank_unknot.svg.png (41KB, 350x261px) Image search: [Google]
Knot_table-blank_unknot.svg.png
41KB, 350x261px
ever heard of this thing called string theory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory
>>
>>8772397
This shit distracted me all the way through that episode of Space Dandy.
>>
>>8772424

It's actually a 2D projection of a 3D projection of a 4D object.
>>
File: tinypepe.png (3KB, 38x36px) Image search: [Google]
tinypepe.png
3KB, 38x36px
>>8772413
wrong. We are capable of some n dimensions visualization in the mind. Took a long time but I can visualize a tesseract rotating and understand it as something beyond that projection. It is possible.
>>
>>8772415
you're an idiot.
>>
>>8772526
>visualize
vision is fundamentally 2d
>>
>>8772537
Pedantic wordplay. You are a weak mind.
>>
The fourth dimension was time I thought. And I thought it doesn't exist because time is just distance travelled according to einstein. It's a nice picture but I would think you perceiving the 4th dimension would be like your eyes going inside out as your point of observation spread across a large area, or even the entire universe. Some shit like that.
>>
>>8773019
time is a dimension but there are conceivably more spatial dimensions as well as dimension that regard neither space nor time
>>
File: 635057526_81be1e8e2c_z.jpg (190KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
635057526_81be1e8e2c_z.jpg
190KB, 640x482px
>>8772397
>then projected into three dimensions.
not to be a dick, but it appears on my screen in only two dimensions.
>>
File: 1485092628781.jpg (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485092628781.jpg
13KB, 200x200px
>>8773066

If that's not a pipe how can I smell the tobacco from it? Checkmate Aristotelian metaphysical materialist literalists.

Or maybe I'm just looking at a 5th dimensional pipe.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.