[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is Pierre Louise Lions, 1994 Fields Medal recipient. His

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

This is Pierre Louise Lions, 1994 Fields Medal recipient. His citation reads
>"... such nonlinear partial differential equation simply do not have smooth or even C1 solutions existing after short times. ... The only option is therefore to search for some kind of "weak" solution. This undertaking is in effect to figure out how to allow for certain kinds of "physically correct" singularities and how to forbid others. ... Lions and Crandall at last broke open the problem by focusing attention on viscosity solutions, which are defined in terms of certain inequalities holding wherever the graph of the solution is touched on one side or the other by a smooth test function."
>>
File: 14167-math_maryam.jpg (72KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
14167-math_maryam.jpg
72KB, 600x400px
And this is Maryam Mirzakhani, a 2014 Fields Medal recipient. She is the first woman to receive the fields medal. Her citation reads
>"for her outstanding contributions to the dynamics and geometry of Riemann surfaces and their moduli spaces."

Why did it take so long for a woman to win a Fields Medal?
>>
>>8769527
>woman
>>
>>8769527
Hmmm really makes you think
>>
>>8769527
cuz the prize didn't exist yet when Emmy Noether was in play.
>>
>>8769527
she a cutes
totally would
>>
>>8769527
it's probably rare for a woman <40 to get enough published in math to have a fields medal awarded to her. And the odds are against her since there are so many male mathematicians who have a good chance of getting the medal instead of her.
>>
>>8769527
Because there are far fewer women in math than there are men.
>>
>>8769527
>real world kurisu looks disgusting
why does anime lie to me
>>
>>8769527
I would give her a medal just for the fact she can such a dick.
>>
>>8769871
This. Everyone knows that women can't do shit other than SUCK DICK
>>
File: actually.jpg (47KB, 837x622px) Image search: [Google]
actually.jpg
47KB, 837x622px
>>8769722
>mathematics
>kurisu
>>
>>8769722
i'd bang here.
>>
>>8769527
Did she have to look like a man to fool the gay panel?
>>
>tfw no mathematical gf
>>
>>8769663
nice bait, 8/10
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.