[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

schrodinger's cat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1485201324269.gif (1MB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
1485201324269.gif
1MB, 276x260px
Could someone tell me why this theory isn't bull shit?
>>
>>8768455
I imagine the universe like a giant computer simulation, just because conscious beings are not observing things, doesn't mean that they don't have a fixed state.

Surely there is something wrong with quantum theory if things exist in two states unless being observed.
>>
>>8768455
>theory
It's not a theory dumbass. Schrödinger thought it up to laugh at how retarded QM was when applied to macroscopic objects.
>>
>>8768479
The Copenhagen interpretation that is
>>
>>8768479
Yeah. Basically it's INTENDED to be bull shit.
>>
>>8768494
Well he might of failed then.
Fred Hoyle intended to ridicule big bang when he coined the term, look who's laughing now.
>>
My favorite theory is the bling bong one
>>
>>8768603
My favorite is the bog bang
>>
>>8768549
That's because scientists disliked a religious sounding origin to the universe.
>>
>>8768455
Shrodinger's cat is a hypothetical to explain how quantum mechanics works. It was never created to be taken seriously. I always cringe whenever I hear a retard go
>The cat is both dead and alive!
Or
>Why would you want to hurt a cat?
>>
>>8768762
>Shrodinger's cat is a hypothetical to explain how quantum mechanics works
Wrong, it's worse. It's a thought experiment to show how stupid it is to say something occupies two quantum states until you observe it. The point was to show the absurdity in how the cat, an observer (and macroscopic to say the least), can also occupy multiple states.
>>
>>8768458
well until you come up with a theory that works better, they do.
>>
>>8768458
Explain the double-slit experiment with single photons, and single-photon interference, without using superposition or making "your mom" jokes.
>>
It's just supposed to make us uncomfortable, but in reality quantum mechanics can have intuitive results if we get over our emotional attachment to classical physics.
>>
>>8769612
>intuitive results
kek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ORLN_KwAgs
>>
schrodinger was just kind of a dick who hated cats, and this particular "experiment" caught the attention of some real physicists.
>>
Don't listen to these brainlets and retards OP, Schrödinger's cat was actually a german program who's purpose was to find a way to produce undead cats and then apply this to the German Wehrmacht so that they could conquer all of Europe.

However, when they locked the cat in the box with the explosives, the results always seemed to be... less than favorable.
>>
It's not a theory it's an anecdote and it's not bullshit because anecdotal.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.