[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fermi paradox: the great filter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (1011KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1011KB, 768x768px
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Filter

Do you think the concept of the great filter is true?

Do you think we are past it or does it still have yet to come?

What do you think would define the great filter? what event or series of events could be labeled as a potential great filter?
>>
>>8767786
>en.m
>m

God damn phone posters.

Also, there are lots of alien civilizations already making contact. What do you think pulsars are for?
>>
>>8767786
No

I don't think there will be 'one big one' but I think we've made it past a few small ones and there will be many more to come.
>>
>>8767786
SJW's/trannies and all that multiple gender shit taking over the world
>>
I think the filter might be how a civilisation handles the inevitable invention of intentional harnessing of nuclear reactions. The first thing humanity did was make some bombs and use them to kill 200,000 innocent people in one week. The second thing was to spend a few decades menacing ourselves with threats of doing it again. We followed up by removing funding for peaceful persuits and instead developed more incredibly advanced ways to kill as many people as possible.

The idea of nuclear power was a side project; an afterthought. And most of us still don't like the idea much, because we're mostly incapable of researching issues and weighing the pros and cons of different options.

Ultimately I think this will be the end of humanity. It won't be an asteroid, it will be our own actions. That's our filter.
>>
>>8767897
Destruction is always far better than creation. Look up how many times we have almost started nuclear Armageddon. There have been 5-6 time already( that we know about). Often with just one person standing in the way of pushing the button.

It's only a matter of time before we light the fuse on this bitch and blow all our asses to kingdom come.
>>
>>8767904
Destruction is far *easier* than creation.

Fucking phone posters.
>>
>>8767786
I have several questions for you OP.

1.Why are you a faggot

2.Why do you think we need this thread every 3 days.

3. Why can't you understand the Fermi 'paradox' is a meme at best?

4. Why are you a retard?
>>
>>8767786
Im guessing that you sorta lose motivation to conquer the Galaxies when you can live out the rest of eternity in the holodeck.
Never make physical contact because simulated contact is equally as fun.
>>
>>8767897
>200,000 innocent people.
Anon. That isn't not how it actually went down and you fucking know it..
>>
>>8767931
I've read all the arguments. The war would have gone on longer, more people would likely have died after all, the firebombing was also devastating, an overwhelming show of force was considered the only way to force a surrender, et cetera.

One small device killed 70k-140k human beings in one go. This is the most obscene, unnatural, revolting, unjustifiable, evil thing that humanity has ever done.

I tried to figure out which person on the Ebola Gay, who knew of the nature of the weapon (not all of them did), took the final step that resulted in its arming and dropping. I didn't quite succeed, but they- along with their Nagasaki counterpart- are easily contenders with the worst dictators for the title of the most evil person who has ever lived.
>>
>>8767952
I'm interested in how you interpret 70k-140k deaths from one device as somehow the most "evil" compared to the same number dying to multiple devices.

More people died in the fire bombing campaigns than both atom bombs combined. And even that number is only around 10% of the projected casualties for both Japan and the US should a land invasion occur.

Not so fun factoid:
The Purple Heart medals handed out today are the same batch prepared in anticipation for an invasion of mainland Japan.

Let that sink in.

Korea, Vietnam, Bosnia, both Iraq wars, literally every engagement for the past 70 years has run from the same pile of medals.
>>
>>8767952

Please do tell that to the people of China.

You fuck.
>>
>>8767952
>This is the most obscene, unnatural, revolting, unjustifiable, evil thing that humanity has ever done.
No its not. Humans have done worse and it wasn't one small device, the bombs were huge.

Also: >>8768182
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.