[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taking a Red Pill on "New Age" Beliefs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: FullSizeRender-4.jpg (255KB, 1242x1236px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender-4.jpg
255KB, 1242x1236px
My Girlfriend's crazy ass mother is trying to turn her against me through some "New Age" bullshit. Do you guys have any resources I could use to Red Pill her ass on the blatant bullshit her mom is telling her?
>>
New Age is very broad... as in religion? Social engineering? Etc
>>
>>8766589
As in Abraham Hicks (obviously a scam) "Law of Attraction" bullshit, plus vibrational energy bullshit. She's also claiming she's done "reads" on me and is literally pulling Cold Reading bullshit.
>>
>>8766598
Expound into specifics.
>>
>>8766598
>law of attraction
>vibrational energy

i dont know what either of them are about, but most pseudoscience stuff is very easy to argue against. if you give me a quick rundown on the shit she's been talking about, i can probably give you a useful way to disprove it.
>>
File: New Age.jpg (31KB, 417x419px) Image search: [Google]
New Age.jpg
31KB, 417x419px
I had a Catholic upbringing and believed in ghosts and the devil until I was a teenager. James Randi was a good start for me into solidifying my disbelief in new age and the supernatural. When I heard about him and his million dollar challenge, it got the gears in my brain working. From there I began reading and listening to other skeptics and science promoters. There are also skeptic podcasts that provide resources and sources to peer-reviewed journals, such as Skeptoid dot com. You can also search for vidyas on the YouTubes. There are many from James Randi. Go from there.

However, keep in mind there is no way you will ever convince your GF’s mother that new age is bullshit. Never. She is a grown woman, I’m assuming over the age of 40, and therefore a hell of a lot more difficult to convince not to believe in something she has believed all her life. You can only change the mind of someone who is on the fence about something, hopefully your girlfriend. If your girlfriend believes in pseudoscience, begin to break up with her. People who believe in pseudoscience are “enemies of reason” as Dawkins would say. I’ve dated many women, mostly from dating apps, who were spiritual healers, all into yoga and shit, and were all about crystals and "vibrations." They’re great in bed and really friendly people, but bat shit crazy and pretty dumb. They’re easily fooled. Good luck.
>>
>>8766949
>Catholicism is New Age
>as Dawkins would say
>I’ve dated many women, mostly from dating apps, who were spiritual healers, all into yoga and shit, and were all about crystals and "vibrations."
This better be bait.
>>
>>8767031
What's bait about it?

BTW I never said Catholicism = New Age. I brought up my religious background because it is related: the supernatural, based on belief, non-science, etc..
>>
>>8767108
How does one seduce those types of women, anon? Hippie bitches get my dick diamonds but I can never keep a straight face when talking to them.
>>
>>8767201
Are you kidding me, they're the easiest women to seduce! They're gullible. Just talk to them about kombucha and crystal vibrations. If she considers herself a "free spirit" it means she's a slut. Go for it. Like I'm saying though, they're great in bed but awful for real-world conversations and connection.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.