[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

explain gravity with 3d picture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

explain gravity with 3d picture
>>
?using gravity to explain gravity?
>>
>>8763489

Show me a 3d picture. DO you perhapos mean a sculpture?

Besides, gravity is 4d, you can't "explain" it in 3d any more than you can "explain" a cube in 2d.
>>
File: IMG_0706.jpg (102KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0706.jpg
102KB, 500x480px
>>8763489
>>
>>8763498
This, I don't understand that retard demonstration
>>
File: 8-cell-simple hyper solid.gif (687KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
8-cell-simple hyper solid.gif
687KB, 256x256px
>>8763528
What is "analogy?" What is "perspective?"
>>
>>8763619
They are rolling marbles around the weight of the "Earth" in the center, to demonstrate by analogy how the mass of the objects on the sheet distort the 2-d space in a manner similar to that in which the mass of the Earth distorts 3-d space. The marbles are small and maybe you did not notice them.
>>
>>8763619
this demonstration is explaining how gravity works in a 2D universe. The distortions are only visible in 3d, so if you were living in flatland the gravity distortion wouldn't be visible. Wouldn't this mean that gravity in our 3d universe, has visible distortions in 4d? That would mean our universe is actually 4d and not 3d.

There's a theory out there that suggests black holes are really 2D space that project a hologram on 3d space. Perhaps our universe is a black hole in 4d space.
>>
>>8763528
You can explain a cube in 2d, you can show it to 2d people, but they will never understand it fully without having seen the third dimension. To them, it is a collection of overlapping, connected shapes.
Just like a 3d representation of a tesseract looks like overlapping, connected forms.
>>
>>8763489
>imagine a trampoline
>>
>>8763619
This demonstration is extremely common. Do you live under a rock?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.