[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I also can't study more than 5-6 hours a day.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Pepe-the-doctor.jpg (7KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-the-doctor.jpg
7KB, 197x256px
Hey sci, just a premed student here. I've always liked science, especially biology, and I'm sincerely interested in it.

My memory isn't bad, but the process of memorization itself kills me. What should I do?

And I know this is not /adv/, but the retards over there won't give me appropriate answers. But I'll still ask you a scientific question - why can't I study after sunset? Something just happens to my brain - I can't process any information, and I feel incredibly lazy after the sun goes down.
>>
>>8760369
Sounds like you should wake up at dawn?

Find the fun in memorizing.

I try to not work past 8pm.
>>
>>8760371
Thing is, waking up also kills me. My body is weird - I'll feel like shit unless I sleep for 10 hours. Coffee doesn't help.
>>
>>8760369
because how long you study is proportional to your current stress level. Most biology classes is a fucking meme and will not shoot up your stress level
>>
>>8760369
oh and what should you do? take a mathematical biology class, e.g. stochastic modeling, optimization, bayesian statistics... etc. they will keep your stress level up there
>>
>>8760393
I should mention that I'm not from the US, or Europe.

What I'm doing takes all three science subjects - stuff like Bernoulli's equation, Young's experiment, carnot engine in physics, and heisenberg principle, atomic orbitals etc in chemistry. The course is memorization heavy though, even for physics and chemistry.
>>
>>8760369
Maybe medicine isn't for you. Jkjk, I hate it when people say that to me. You can do it. Anyways, learn to live around your shortcomings, accept your shortcomings, if you go against it, you're going to run into a lot of pain for nothing. Trust me and you'll be an MD someday.
>>
>>8760398
Well, I'm passionate about it, but lack the discipline required.
>>
>>8760369
5-6 hours is a lot, don't think most people can do that
>>
>>8760418
It's normal for med students. Trust me.
>>
Try modafinil. Stays long in your body and it's impossible to sleep on it.
>>
>>8760418
Well, I should also mention that I study 5-6 hours during exams. I practically do not study otherwise.
>>
>>8760549
Well, that's different. You should study every day.
>>
>>8760369
You have to pace yourself and not be a pussy. Be determined and deal with it if you want to succeed. It isn't a matter of study method, its a matter of willpower more than anything. Your brain doesn't magically "shut down" or some shit after the sun goes down. You just get lazy. The sooner you come to grips with that, the better off you will be
>>
>>8760549
that's absoltely retarded
>>
Minor hijacking here. I'm got twelve courses (mostly math from calculus to statistics over simulations and neural networks, as well as networks) and eighty days until exams. How should I pace myself to avoid burnout? I felt like I had some success with pomodoro but once the clock strikes five pm I feel lazy as hell.
>>
>>8761228
I've got*
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.