[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speculative Evolution Thread:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Speculative Evolution Thread:
>>
>>8758479

if it lives in space why does it have wings faggot
>>
>>8759477
Liftoff and reentry, duh.
>>
>>8759485
> all future spacecraft will be torpedoes that ram into the planet's surface
>>
>>8759485
if it needs to land on planets why would it evolve to live in space

this thing is a joke, no though put into it whatsoever
>>
>>8759556
To eat space pollen from space flowers, duh.
>>
>>8759477
heat radiators
>>
>>8758479
I love the idea of a complex organism evolved to live in space. This concept is retarded though. If an organism solely lived in space it would most likely derive energy purely though stars. Maybe it would consume some matter from asteroids/moons/etc, to sustain itself too. I imagine if it did manage to exist in the first place it would be a collection of small, sluggish, docile creatures, most likely it would not travel much but would be bound to the area around said celestial bodies, it probably wouldn't be much more than some kind of space plant thing. Of course I doubt anything beyond single-celled organisms would ever come about in space.
>>
>>8759717
It probably wouldn't happen on its own, someone would need to geneengineer them in the first place.
Once the first batch is made though, there's no reason for them to not get the evolution gravy train rolling, all with the creation of an awesome ecosystem IN SPACE.
>>
>>8759717
Imagine a hive-mind society of a centrally intelligent species. That creates different versions of itself for specific purposes, like many insects do. Imagine that they expand themselves through deriving and biologically storing knowledge. Imagine that they have no technology as we perceive it.

I think we limit thought of extraterrestrials to closely to our own perspective, not really humanism but...Earth-ism. We presume our own experience and field of view is the norm, we don't even know if anything exists beyond us. It would be interesting if every species is quite unique in it's complexity-incrementalism.
>>
>>8759736
You make me want to spend a million years flitting about the galaxy, seeding unique life and watching it develop.
>>
test
>>
>>8759744
>We presume our own experience and field of view is the norm
For good physiological and evolutionary reasons. I've never heard a convincing suggestion for technology-using alien life that isn't broadly humanoid. Like the structure of the eye appears to have evolved separately all over the world because it is the best design for the job, the humanoid form is the best design for intelligent technology-using life. Please someone come up with something, I would love the universe to produce wild and varied intelligent aliens, but I can't imagine them given the constraints of evolutionary biology..
>>
File: g9hideauze.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
g9hideauze.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 1336008982500.jpg (20KB, 236x346px) Image search: [Google]
1336008982500.jpg
20KB, 236x346px
>>8759761
That’s exactly my plan, m80
>>
>>8758479 (OP)
On a planet with many low gravity moons that are all similar, this might be possible. Hopping from one moon to the next to spread their species.
Since they're an insect chasing after the moon, that's make them space moths, not butterflies.
>>
>>8759477
Solar (Stellar?) energy collection
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.