[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a maths test for 11 year olds from 1932. What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 11plus_1932.jpg (150KB, 656x785px) Image search: [Google]
11plus_1932.jpg
150KB, 656x785px
This is a maths test for 11 year olds from 1932.
What went wrong?
>>
>>8758278
>halfpenny
>qrs
>this much shitty pointless unit conversion

What went right more like
>>
Other than not knowing the meanings of those "units", that's the math I was doing when I was 9.
>>
>>8758278
lower education standards for women and minorities
>>
>>8758278
>Remembering arbitrary constants
>"Math"
From your I'm assuming that nowadays math tests don't look like this, that is definitely a thing that went right
>>
File: 1432659558051.jpg (53KB, 573x399px) Image search: [Google]
1432659558051.jpg
53KB, 573x399px
>>8758289
this.
grouping those which are alike is an improved way to educate each segment.
>>
>>8758278
I know its called "arithmetic", but could they design questions that require less mathematical reasoning to solve?
Also, aren't 11+ exams custom made by each school?
>>
File: primes_are_like_weed_lmao.png (859KB, 1296x797px) Image search: [Google]
primes_are_like_weed_lmao.png
859KB, 1296x797px
>>8758278
Popular science is what went wrong.

pic related
>>
File: 1487942588514.jpg (39KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
1487942588514.jpg
39KB, 443x332px
>>8758380
"When your former secretary honoured me by asking me to read a paper to your society, my first thought was that I would certainly do it and my second thought was that if I was to have the opportunity to speak to you I should speak about something which I am keen on communicating to you and that I should not misuse this opportunity to give you a lecture about, say, logic. I call this a misuse, for to explain a scientific matter to you it would need a course of lectures and not an hour's paper. Another alternative would have been to give you what's called a popular scientific lecture, that is a lecture intended to make you believe that you understand a thing which actually you don't understand, and to gratify what I believe to be one of the lowest desires of modern people, namely the superficial curiosity about the latest discoveries of science." - Wittgenstein, A lecture on ethics
>>
>>8758278
I was doing this math at that age. OP you just went to a shit school
>>
File: cube root.png (28KB, 907x868px) Image search: [Google]
cube root.png
28KB, 907x868px
>>8758278
cube root unplugged
common core 1877
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.