[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to do with a Automatic Control and Sys engineering degree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ccloop.gif (9KB, 520x160px) Image search: [Google]
ccloop.gif
9KB, 520x160px
Hi /sci/...i dont know what to do with my degree.
>I realize after 4 years of study and currently in my Master that my degree is pretty much useless.
>I learned a bit of electronics ,some programming (C/C++),
>learned some C# and SQL from a school project...(Windows Forms nothing complicated)
>but mostly and mostly i did System Engineering-..Laplace,closed loop modelling ,system stability issues,automatic control...all in fucking Matlab (which i cant stand) and Simulink etc yada yada yada..which is mostly useless.There aren't any jobs where you can apply the theory learned in my country.There are only some jobs for programming PLC's, and HMI-s but all require 3-5 years experience .
>What to do ? Downgrade to programming PLC's/do maintainance job in a factory(modify lines of LADDER logic)...
>OR...... FUCK IT and learn a good high level programming language and go full CS job?..mediocre i'd say..i understand concepts(e.g OOP) but not how to implement them in a real app.Just know to do dummy programs.
(I am not really that good in programming-hate myself for not doing a CS job internship to see how things work there-i am afriad ill be too slow for a programmer.)
>>
>>8758191
Get doctorate in your field and teach.
After getting said doctorate take classes that you enjoy for free (because you're a professor)
After taking enough classes get a new degree
Rinse and repeat.
>>
>I spent 4 years studying something I don't like which has zero job prospects
Lmaoing @ your life. Study something else from the beginning or become a code monkey.
>>
>>8758191
Isn't it great?
All your life you've been on tracks and now you're driving offroad and there's dead ends and ditches everywhere.
Strap in, its gonna be a bumpy ride

t. 5 years out of school, no idea where I'm going
>>
>>8758191
>control engineering
>there aren't any jobs
Unless you live in a shit country, there must be a good amount of jobs for control engineers.
>>
>>8758191
Not sure where you live and how developed are the companies i your area, but you could look for courses on programs several companies use in their processes like LabVIEW
>>
>>8758197
I am not that smart or dedicated to understand the intricacies of my field.I hate damn theory...so much theory in these years and no practice...that's why it's hard to get a job in the domain in the first place.Scarce and all want experience.
>>8758199
I can't start another degree...CAN'T. The thing is i like my domain till a point where Math concepts fuck my head up.I can't say i'm good in something.I am pretty much a jack of all trades and master of none.I know fundamental concepts of electronics,electric , know syntax and to program simple things in C/C++ and now C#...but i usually fail interviews on programming due to my lack of algorhytms.
I really don't know where to go.I would like a job to do mixed things.Some programming ,some electronic a bit of automatic control...but i know there's nothing like that.

>>8758202
Yes it feels so daunting...and all the while all my colleagues especially the dumber ones..went straight on things like QA testing and remained there,they have no problems like "i am a codemonkey...i want to do something more intelligent,wont my brain atrofy from the same thing day and day".It's so damn annoying to know things about many domains but to master none.
>>
>>8758246
>can't excel in any single field
>denigrates some as 'not intelligent enough'
>worries about le brain atrophy
You sound like an arrogant pseud. Go for software development you will fit right in.
>>
>>8758262
Well the thing is those that i listed didn't give a flying fuck about anything in university...they passed through everything like goose in water...they just wanted the degree for the $ and passed all exams with 5/10 just to finish the degree.I sometimes envy them....
And indeed i pretty much am a pseud.
>>
>>8758202
>t. 5 years out of school, no idea where I'm going

Only 2 years out, but I see what you're saying.
Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel brother.
>>
If you're in a Master's program then ask your advisor or a Career Center at your university.

What're you doing here? Go find out and let us know pls ;_;
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.