[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the current education system in America shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: SchoolHouse.jpg (166KB, 1202x1043px) Image search: [Google]
SchoolHouse.jpg
166KB, 1202x1043px
Is it shit? For example I remember when I was at school I acted like a brainlet, I had no interest in books at all or Math.

Then came Summer, when I was at Summer I actually started reading fantasy books I remember it was some faggotry book about a female cop in an the 19th century with diseases and shiet. I also got interested in the stars and bought a telescope to study the moon and draw pictures of it. I also got interested in math and started doing some math about the horizon? I forgot what math I was doing about it, maybe the distance?

Then school came, and I instantly became a brainlet. I lost all my interest of the reading fantasy books, studying the moon, and doing the math to measure the distance of the horizon. So is the American Education System to blame?
>>
>>8757779
yes.
American Education System failed me too , and i am white male.
They did not properly teach social skills, what real life is really like, how people really act.
lots of things have to be figured out yourself. also they brought in police to spread drug propaganda which can be verified as lies , and they lied about the army draft thing at age 18.

Dumb stupid American Education System
>>
and pledge allegiance to flag, what le fug is that?
>>
>>8757946
>implying teachers are going to teach you how to pick up chicks
Aren't you supposed to learn that yourself? No wonder you're both depressed and lonely.
>>
>>8757779
Our K-12 education isn't that good but its entirely your own fault that you lost motivation to do completely unrelated school things. This is assuming that you aren't just shitposting of course.

>>8757948
National Unity, if you don't want to do it then don't its just edgy not to and also pointless because if you don't like pledging then it will have 0 psychological effect on you.
>>
>>8757955
strawman
>>8758037
ur just dumb
>>
>>8757779

>bus door on the left side

Who is the retard that drew that
>>
>>8757779
Not only US, in EU exactly the same.
I'm NEET at the moment and going back to school next year but my interests are in way higher educational things than i will get in school ( will get dumb IT stuff...).

Few things holding me back going to a higher education, one of it is my own language.
Rarely write reports in my own language and my grammar sucks in it.
>>
Yes, every shithead loser blames all of their life's failings on something inherent to the american education system, meanwhile the kid who has been getting perfect grades from 2nd grade is doing an oncology residency right now and plowing nurses in between shifts. Puh-leez
>>
>>8757946
>drug propoganda
lmao
>>
>>8757779
My mom was a teacher so I was reading nonfiction animal encyclopedias well before school.
Yeah it's shit, the system is made to teach the dumbest common denominator, focus on learning how to take tests and just generally turns kids off of learning, I didn't even go and when I did I would just read unrelated science texts books or encyclopedias or be causing trouble.
A load of shit, no reason kids shouldn't be learning algebra and geometry in elementary school .
The biology education is just sad, hardly any information given on ecology and evolution and it's often wrong or outdated, even in AP classes.
History/economics/sociology is just one huge indoctornation machine to get you to accept the sociopathic values needed to function well in America, relevant information is censored or obfuscated, you are trained very hard to be obedient to your teachers and the flag, and any dissenting thought is punished.
Philosophy isn't fucking mentioned, because the purpose of American public education isnt to make children knowledgeable it's to turn out a bunch of proper proletariats, and some of them, that are very good a following rules, get to go to college and become engineers, businessmen, and teachers, were the indoctornation becomes even more exterme in college the sociopathic complacency isn't authoritarian, they are indocornated with ideaology, and the corporate media helps a lot along the way.
Its MKULTRA but with kids
>>
>>8758037
>motivation is a choice.
Fuck you fag, some people don't have the proper frontal lobe structure to produces endogenic motivation.
I couldn't have gotten through school worhout being on amphetamines since 6.
It's a litterally in ability to direct your own attention, and delegate tasks to yourself, I can spend hours and hours reading about interesting things, and can play in nature all day long. But I can't set down and force myself to do something that offers no extrinsic motivation, like study math, or read a book I do not enjoy.
Even in reading a book I do enjoy my brain will quickly wander and I'll be on the Internet with 400 tabs unrelated to the book open in a heart beat.
And I still generally more knowledgeable, intelligent, and get higher tests scores than pretty much any academic high achiever, like this square >>8758356, read >>8758489
Because your life is a lie.
I do not blame my low acedemic achievement on school, I am just incompatible with school. I still have intellectual achievement.
School has some serious problems however, many kids simply do not fit into the box they are being shoved into, luckily I was turned on to biology around 2 or 3.
School offers indoctornation instead of education.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.