[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the mist useful non medical biology divisions? I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: tree-of-life_2000.jpg (483KB, 2000x771px) Image search: [Google]
tree-of-life_2000.jpg
483KB, 2000x771px
What is the mist useful non medical biology divisions? I want to study something that interests me but at the same time not be forced to work as a burger flipper with a masters
>>
>>8755682
none. biology is a fundamentally masturbatory subject unless you are intending to apply it somehow to medicine.

genetics-used in medicine
biochemistry-used in medicine
ecology-only useful when applied to medicine our human well bring

all other divisions follow suit

t. mathematician
>>
>>8755682
Biophysics
>>
>>8755702
>Biotechnology doesn't make food products
>Biotechnology isn't useful for bioremediatoin
>Biotechnology isn't used to create alternative fuel sources

t. high school senior who's spent too much time on 4chan
>>
>>8755702
Do you understand what the phrase "fundamentally masturbatory subject" means? If the biology is only being applied to medicine it would be the most masturbatory as it is only having to do with personal desire.

Are you also implying things like bioremediation, enzyme design and genetic engineering are mainly used in medicine?
>>
>>8755702
>agriculture, enviromental protection, pollution and sewage treatment, and pest control are all irrelevant
Dumbass
>>
>>8755702
By that same logic wouldn't that make any field that is research focused "masturbatory"?
>>
>>8755682
>.>
Geneticist + Harmonics+ Chemistry + Engineering = Gene encoding machine.

Cat girls.
>>
>>8755682
Right now? Genetics or molecular biology. We're on the cusp of a biotechnology revolution akin to the personal computer revolution in the 70's and 80's
>>
>>8755702
nope

Agriculture companies like Monsanto rely on modern biology but have nothing to do with medicine

>>8755682
I would say agriculture/GMOs etc
>>
>>8755682
Go into molecular biology.

- It's conceptually easy.
- You get to play God.
- It's interesting.
>>
How bad would it be to study genetics but use it for population and ecology biology rather than medical reasons.
>>
>>8755682
>tree of life
>more eukaryotes than prokaryotes

0/10
>>
>>8755682
is that meant to represent our god-emperors hair?
>>
>Just want a job being left alone outside studying organisms
>Scared there wont be any jobs in it
>>
>>8757337

>could just go camping when he has time off from his real job
>>
>>8755711
Isn't food mostly pharmacy and chemistry majors
>>
>>8755682
Ecology, will only become more valuable as earths ecological systems continue to disintegrate. The utilities of protecting and knowing of the systems that give us everything are endless. Agroecology is going to be huge as soon as retards figure out that you can't transcend ecology with synthetic fertilizers and genetic modification. It's were all the future wealth is, only applied ecologists will have means to produce, and I wouldn't look to work for somewhere else, you can make massive amounts of wealth with an ecology degree if you can aquire means of production.
>>8755702
Get your head out your ass.
One day soon the economy will run out off socioecological systems to leach prosperity from, as the monocultures continue to fail, fertile land continues to wash away, the climate destablizes, and the oceans remain empty, commercial society will crumble, and then things will get worse. Can't stand ignorant fucks like you who take their life for granted, I know it's not your flaut, but the system is producing humans that not longer have human properties.
t. Theoretical/empirical ecologist and network/systems scientist
>>
File: image.png (17KB, 300x246px)
image.png
17KB, 300x246px
>>8755682
>>8758654
Also, all pure biology
You can study soil, entomology, marnie biology, so many thing to study.
Just study biodiversty all the time, the Internet is here, go out into the field and take notes and observations of what you see, research it, think about it and form hypothesis. It's fun, and all biology is really studying the same thing.
Life is a single, immortal being, it is made of information that produce constraints in which matter is organized and animated with entropy, an organism.
An organism serves as a way life can perceive and remember information from interacting with itself and its environment, it also serves as life's reproductive body, it's how life evolves.
Life evolving isn't like a species evolving. It stays the same.
Life is like a river that starts at abiogenesis and flows over space in time , changing its form and function to flow over its mosaic environment, but it's all the same river. Like pic related but way more complex and layered.
If this sounds similar to vitalism, that's because it is, the difference is life's vitality isn't material or energy, it's information, the gentic code. So the philosophy of and theoretical biology/ecology are very exciting fields of study.
>>
>>8758616
Why would I want a boring Job when I can get one doing something I already like?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.