[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wouldn't this work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: antiphysics.jpg (27KB, 629x401px) Image search: [Google]
antiphysics.jpg
27KB, 629x401px
Why wouldn't this work?
>>
>>8754948

Fa = -Fb
>>
>>8754948
pulls them together, not in one direction.
>>
this actually reminds me of one of my friends who thought that all of the troll physics memes actually work. he also once asked me if magnets work in space. he is proof that the brainlet cut off is at least 120
>>
Troll science is best science. I miss those threads.
>>
>>8754953
I doubt he even reaches triple digits.
>>
File: IMG_1697.png (389KB, 780x579px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1697.png
389KB, 780x579px
Why wouldn't this work?
>>
>>8754978
I'm fairly certain he would be around 110-115, he did alright in school and seemed otherwise alright. Just didn't think things through at all.
>>
>>8754980
someone explain to me why this wouldn't work
>>
>>8754994
In order for the apple make numbers appear on the scale, it has to be pressing against the scale. If it was floating, or "negative", then the scale would simply say zero, and you'd be thrown out of the store for fucking around with merchandise.

If you could somehow trap the helium in the apple in an apple big enough relative to the amount of helium needed for the mass to achieve buoyant forces, you could actually get the apple to float though...

Still couldn't get the dumb meme to work cuz the scale can't read negatives though, nor would they actually pay you
>>
>>8754948
same reason why you cant lift yourself up by grabbing your shirt
>>
>>8755078
>you could actually get the apple to float though...
... you would then have spent way more on Helium than the price of one apple.
>>
>>8754948
Force of the magnet pull is exerted only on the arm and bumper, nothing is exerted on the air or ground the car is on. Only if the magnets were in separate systems would this feasibly give any effect, like in maglev trains.
>>
>>8754982
>he did alright in school and seemed otherwise alright.

Meaningless if you mean primary and secondary.
>>
>>8754948
What if the left magnet was connected to a hydrolic system that compresses oil when the left magnet slides toward the right magnet?
>>
>>8754948
It does work, you just don't get any acceleration.

Any velocity you have will remain until drag forces decay it.
>>
>>8754953
>trusting psychologists
It's proof that IQ tests are bullshit
>>
>>8755455
well then all you're doing is converting the potential energy from the magnetism into kinetic. that's like saying that rolling a ball down a hill is free energy because it speeds up
>>
>>8754980
Assuming you could get the helium to stay there you could theoretically buy apples at a lower price (although not have them give you money, because the scale can't go negative) and then sell them in poor areas for a profit at a lower price but higher than what you bought it at.
>>
>>8755455
you can do that, but you're using the energy of the magnet, it loses its magnetism eventually. in heavy machinery they only really use electromagnets
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.