[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Differential equations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1475778066670.gif (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475778066670.gif
36KB, 720x720px
Fuck them. I'm too much of a goddamn brainlet to figure any part of the "solution" out on my own, even given three examples and an honest to god recipe. It's fucking numeromancy to me.

Where do I apply for a lobotomy? I don't want to live with this failure.
>>
>>8750835
You can just shove an icepick through your eye and wiggle it around a bit
>>
>3 examples

itll take more than 3 to learn a topic anon... practice more
>>
>>8750835
Learn about lie groups and you will become redpilled.
>>
>>8750835
hmm. it's after spring break. that means you must be at the part where you find the roots of a characteristic equation (cauchy-euler).
>>
>>8750970
We have the weirdest class setup. 6 hour lectures in large auditoriums every 2 or 3 weeks. Last semester we had 20-30 person classrooms with 3 hour lectures 2 or 3 times a week. Because of an injury where I was hospitalized for two weeks, I've missed crucial parts of the curriculum and at the moment have no chance of catching up. My fault, undoubtedly, but still feeling hopeless.

>>8750986
Not amerifat, try again.
>>
>>8751050
>I've missed crucial parts of the curriculum and at the moment have no chance of catching up
You're a brainlet. Don't need to be in a lecture to learn shit. It is your fault, indeed, for not getting off your ass at that moment and reading and doing practice problems.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-15-23-20-18.png (516KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-15-23-20-18.png
516KB, 1440x2560px
>>8751050
Search "Elementery Differential Equations", by William F. Trench. It is a pretty good practice book to read alongside your textbook.
The methods may be slightly different than what your prof expects, but whats important is to recognize how he derives those techniques and applies them.
With enough dedication, and practice, you can hopefully start killing those tests.

Good luck anon
>>
>>8751678
Elementary**** jesus, sorry
>>
>>8751682
No anon, you must kill yourself immediately.
>>
No wonder. In differential equations, you need to know the answer beforehand and to show that it fits.
>>
>>8750971
what did he mean by this
>>
>>8751050
Try V.I. Arnold's "Ordinary Differential Equations". Nicely written with lots of examples, suitable for beginners.
>>
>>8752034
I once skimmed through a book in the library that said something along the lines of "something something lie groups... something something generalization of differential equations." Apparently, all of the seemingly disparate techniques for solving differential equations can be unified. Regrettably, I know nothing about lie groups, so I didn't understand a lick of it. (Of course, it's possible that I'm retarded and saying something that pretty much everybody knows)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.