[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Becoming a doctor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0908.png (2MB, 2001x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0908.png
2MB, 2001x1125px
Im interested in going to med school and i was wondering whether its a good idea to go to an xray tech program first to boost my resume. I got a 28 on the mcat without studying for it and without taking biochem- i got 10s on both science sections and 8 on the verbal. I plan on taking a test prep class to boost my score. Should i just settle with being an xray tech or should i shoot for being a doctor? Im an ivy grad and ive worked menial jobs since college.
>>
File: 1487549451304.png (2MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1487549451304.png
2MB, 2880x1800px
>>8749073
fuck everything and anyone and do what you want.

if that is being a bomb ass doctor, go do it NOW.
>>
>>8749073
why would you not study for an extremely important standardized test?
>>
>>8749169
I thought the MCAT was an IQ test just like the SAT. Studying for it won't do shit for you.
>>
Just graduated and got my emt cert, ill probably be an er-tech for the experience after i take my mcat

I know ec's like that arent the most important thing for your application but i think being familiar in a medical setting is still important
>>
med student here

>28

nigga you better raise your MCAT score. on the new scale shoot for a >510.

what's your GPA? make sure you have good ECs as well.

>settle with being an xray tech

no fuck that faggot shit. go be a doctor if you can.
>>
File: IMG_5979.png (8KB, 137x149px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5979.png
8KB, 137x149px
>>8749491
>>8749473
>>8749451
>>8749169
>>8749144
>>8749073
>All these Americucks
>Have to spend 4 years getting a bachelor first
>High chance of getting cucked at the end of your bachelor
>Spend another 4 years and a fuckton of money in medical school
>start working at like 30+
>mfw superior british system
>undergrad medicine exists
>start working at like 28
>not in a fuckton of debt
>work in the US if I want, just study for STEP
>feels good
>>
>>8749507

good luck matching in the US as an IMG.

if you go to med at 22, you'll graduate at 26 and assuming 3 year residency, be an attending at 29 making 200k minimum if you're not retarded.
>>
>>8749507
Lel, I used to think you have it good. Until I had to read what you fuckers have to do.
>Don't even get half as much as US docs do. Even our docs in major cities get paid way more than your doctors in underserved areas.
>Have to work "anti social" hours to get more money, even then still isn't as much as a US Doc right off the bat.
>If you want to get a US job, gotta apply as an international, and would have to be beyond perfect to get in.
>>
>>8749517
>>8749530
>Who the fuck goes into medical school at 22, we go in at 18
>IMGs not a very big problem, STEP is a cakewalk for us, we take what you guys are starting first year at just A levels. We take much more advanced shit in medical school, cause people like us can handle it, not being forced to take a bachelor first so people are more "prepared" for medical school.
Unless people are looking for shit like urology, O&G or Neurosurgery, IMG is a viable route not only to USA but also to Canada.
>>
>>8749530
Personally I like the fact that we get paid less. Fewer greedy bastards, more preppy idiots who are doing it because daddy's a consultant and mummy's a GP, but at least they'll try to perform well and work for the NHS.
>>
Thoughts on ophthalmology?
>>
>>8749451
You can study what the test tests. Its easy to study for both the SAT and ACT although your maximum score is definitely limited by your intelligence, but you can reach that score through study.

>>8749507
Assuming you went straight to Med School from undergrad you'll be working around the same time in the US as in other places (28-30)
The biggest difference is our med schools are obnoxious and delegate learning the basic shit you need for med school to undergrad.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.