[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is 'Time'?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 862913413.jpg (564KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
862913413.jpg
564KB, 1280x960px
What is 'Time'?
>>
>>8748776
that is a question for metaphysics >>>/x/
>>
>>8748776
The sequence of happenings.
>>
>>8748792
Why can we only perceive the sequence in a certain order? Why can't we view the entire sequence at once, or go back and change one of the events in the sequence?
>>
Time is distance relative to a given point.
>>
>>8748802
Entropy
>>
>>8748802
Because we are 4th dimensional beings. Meaning we experience the 3rd dimension in every direction but only experience the 4th dimension, time, in one direction: forward.
>>
>>8748840
Because you can rotate a clock backwards some retard made the joke you can go back in time as well. . .
Or into the future faster then the speed of life. There is only one speed when it comes down to time.
The speed of life. Time just is.
>>
>>8748880
>the speed of life
The fuck are you talking about, you're saying that time for living things is separate from dead things?
>>
>>8749086
Dead implies 'has lived', so no.

I would say:
"Out of Chaos came Chronos. But it is impossible to place Chronos besides Chaos, so time just is. Measured in relative distance. "
>>
>>8748776
Time is but a thought.
>>
Distance/velocity
>>
>>8749864
Are you sure anon? Because velocity already is a...
>>
>>8749826
Nope. Even if there was not one brain in the universe, time would be a factor.
>>
>>8749951
I meant that relatively.
>>
It's obviously a synonym for multiplication
>>
>>8748776
an illusion
>>
It's literally an artificial concept our brains created so it can process information and have us act up on it at a rate that is possible within the limits of our biological structures. Literally a biological construct. Time in the universe is only the sequence of events, with the future perhaps already existing.
>>
A pink floyd song
>>
Relative amount of change in position, energy, etc. between objects or the object itself.
>>
Gi then ki then chi. If there is a required time for a required space the time has a vector. Mind is the integral of chemicals.
>>
the 4th dimension
8=====D
>>
>>8748776
What is 'distance'?
What is 'value'?
What is 'quantity"?

These are all stupid questions. So is "what is time".
>>
>>8748776
The thing that stops everything happening at once
>>
File: Nope Chronos.jpg (57KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Nope Chronos.jpg
57KB, 300x400px
>>8750624
That is just one of it's results
>>
>>8748776
Something humanity made up. Like math.
>>
The human interpretation of events and causal relationships in the greater space, such that they can be effectively transcribed and understood linearly.
>>
File: 2017-03-16 00.02.00.jpg (38KB, 288x185px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-16 00.02.00.jpg
38KB, 288x185px
>>8750264
>time is energy
>>
>>8748880

>There is only one speed when it comes down to time

But that's not true!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation
>>
File: Time.png (60KB, 722x189px) Image search: [Google]
Time.png
60KB, 722x189px
>>8748776
>>
A measure of movement :^) http://milesmathis.com/time.html
>>
>>8750985
I disagree.
>>
>>8750974
Reading can be hard I know, but I advise you reread the post you quoted.
>>
>>8749810
Do you think mythology really holds the answer to what time is?
>>
>>8748776
Off signature dimension of a Lorentzian manifold.
>>
HELLO I'M FROM THE FUTURE
MESSAGE LENGTH IS VERY LIMITED
KEY FOR TIME TRAVEL IS GAUSSIAN FROBENIOIDS
MOCHIZUKI IS ALSO A TIME TRAVELER
>>
The dimension above 3.

1 dimension = 1 dot (theoretical)

2 dimention = 10 x 10 dot grid

3 dimencion = 10 x 10 x 10 dot cube

4 dimension = Ten 10 x 10 x 10 dot cubes which are all really the same Cube at different points along Axis "T"
>>
>>8751035
Still, energy does not belong there. . .
Not in the way it is used by you.

It takes time for 700 people to sit down. People have nothing to do with time.
>>
>>8751576
The fourth dimension is duration (forwards or backwards) not time itself. Time is the process of change from one state to another. For example the process the mind uses to understand how new information is constantly entering your mind to give the illusion of the "right now" moment moving forward through time.
>>
There is no time. There is no past or future. There is only what has happened, what is happening and what might happen.
>>
>>8751576
1 dot would be the 0th dimension, the first dimension would be a 10 dot line
>>8752907
What has happened is the past though.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.