[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is trigonometry so complicated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 394069422.jpg (93KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
394069422.jpg
93KB, 1024x768px
Why is trigonometry so complicated?
>>
File: 1489193991043.png (24KB, 830x571px) Image search: [Google]
1489193991043.png
24KB, 830x571px
it is not
>>
Because your teacher was very bad at explaining it.
>>
SOH CAH TOA

All you really need.
>>
The only hard part would be remembering stupid identities.
>>
It's not. But point out your ability to understand. ..
>>
because the functions have stupid names
>>
>>8748514
>>8748480

sin x = (e^ix - e^-ix)/2i
cos x = (e^ix + e^-ix)/2

this is all you really need
>>
>>8748480
It looks complicated when you
1) Are retarded
2) Are at the ground level

Because at the ground level all you are given by teachers is a bunch of triangles and some measurements and asked to find the missing measurements, which usually entails doing a lot of computations and retards are bad at computations. And after the computations come the deductions, which are even harder for retards to do.

If you see trigonometry from the top you see two things. First, a small set of theorems that are beautifully easy to prove. As in, those theorems say a lot but are also very elementary and could be seen even by a trained retard. Second, you see a collection of theorems that can help you prove new theorems, should you ever find a relation between what you are working with and trigonometry. So in this second sense, trigonometry is just a set of formulas that are really easy to assimilate if you need them (assuming you are not retarded) and then very easy to use in order to further your research (assuming you are not retarded).

Basically, your problem comes from the fact your IQ is too low.
>>
best trig textbook? preferably something accessable in pdf form? im trying to learn this thanks guys
>>
>>8748487
it is though
>>
File: 1486255460355.png (880KB, 1895x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1486255460355.png
880KB, 1895x1181px
>>8748793
Seconding this request. Has anyone learned it with a compass and straightedge?

Pic semi-related
>>
File: 1489553970078.png (690KB, 1895x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1489553970078.png
690KB, 1895x1181px
>>8749319
>pic semi-related

fixed it
>>
>>8748480
See me after stats with the literal 10 billion equations that nobody has to know
>>
>trig is hard
>top fucking kek

brain must be size of a pea
>>
>>8748487
Can someone show me a geometric proof for why tangent is equal to sine divided by cosine?
>>
>>8750122

You do not need any contrived geometric proof.
Just learn the definitions and apply them.

Definition of sin is opposite over hypotenuse O/H.
Definition of cos is adjacent over hypotenuse A/H.
Definition of tan is opposite over adjacent O/A.
(O/H)/(A/H)=O/A
>>
>>8750145
He's talking about the image you brainlet.
>>8750122
Use similar triangles.
>>
>>8748681
This.

Only brainlets waste their time with other trigonometric formulas.
>>
>>8748480
Are you pajet anon
>>
>>8750145
you're a brainlet.
>>
>>8750408
I just dropped out of highschool before trigonometry.

Would reading Euclid's Elements help me understand?
>>
>>8748480
When the fuck is any of this shit used in real life?
>>
>>8750597
Triangles and angles are pretty common.
>>
>>8750597
projectile motion and launching things be it space rockets or bomb shells
>>
>>8750145
perhaps he would like some sort of insight into why the definitions are what they are?

>>8748516
unfortunately, math is usually taught in "passes" over the same topics, with progressively greater levels of understanding each time. once you understand how to apply euler's formulas you can derive all the identities and they stop looking so ridiculous.

but the first time through, everyone is basically just forced to rote memorize the shit. it's brutal and i think it gives most people the wrong idea about what math is about.
>>
>>8748793
>>8749319
>>8749334
well? anyone can help out?
>>
>>8750122
tangent is equal to slope of radius
slope is equal to rise over run
sine = rise
cosine = run
>>
>>8751016
WHAT DONT YOU GET YOU BRAINLET?
>>
>>8748793
http://mecmath.net/trig/trigbook.pdf
>>
Why actually is sin and cos for example? what does that length projected on x,y axis actually relate to in real world? why was there a need to invent these things?
>>
>>8751239
Formulate a question at a time because I don't really know what you are asking.
>>
>>8751264
why was there a need to invent trigonometry?
why do trigonometric functions (for example sine) behave like they do? was it natural outcome or people defined them?
>>
>>8751273
>Why was there a need to invebt trigonometry
Navigation mostly. Trigonometry gives you a lot of power over angles.
>Why do trigonometric functions (for example sine) behave like they do?
What property in particular? They have many aspects ranging from algebra to analysis.
>Was it a natural outcome or people defined them
Trig is geometry that focuses on angles and triangles in particular in the classical sense. You can describe all oftrigonometry with Euclidean geometry, it is just cumbersome and impractical.
>>
>>8748480
Because ur a brailet
>>
i don't know mate. take a break from your trickery though and upvote my bag. also if anyone knows how to create bots to upvote that'd be sweet.
https://www.dousaflavor.com/flavor-pantry/415969
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.