[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spacetravel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 5b5.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
5b5.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Is anyone else lowkey irritated by the premise of Interstellar: it'd be easier to potentially terraform an alien planet to habitability than fix our own damn planet. WTF is this crap?
>>
>>8746776
It's supposed to appeal to pop-sci wannabe autists, which is a large portion of milenials thanks to all the estrogen in water bottles. They have no penises and love things that make sense if you don't think about it too hard, like communism.
>>
>>8746776
Really? That is what upset you about interstellar?

How about the bullshit philosophical interpretation of how black holes work with a little popsci quantum tossed in at the end?

At least the time dilation was accurate
>>
I'd be willing to believe it.
The amount of crap you have to deal with because other countries won't play ball is unbelievable. Be as environmentally friendly as you want, China's dumping your fair share of carbon into the air anyway and there's nothing anybody can do about it (well there is, you just have to give up cheap consumer goods)

So yeah, I would believe that it would be cheaper and more expedient to terraform another planet than it is to deal with the bureaucratic bullshit that is politics and economics.
>>
>>8746776
what was wrong with earth exactly? The occasional dust storm doesn't sound too big of a problem to deal with
>>
>>8746828
Really? That is what upset you about interstellar?

How about not even skyping your space dad for forty fucking years?
>>
>>8746835
>earth goes to shit
>governments and countries are still running on self-interest/still even alive
Then Earth isn't so shit then, it is manageable or not a concern.
Also China is the #1 country regarding renewable energy, they will be investing in the renewable industries of other countries once they master it in their own.

>earth ACTUALLY goes to shit this time
>there will be no opposition to fixing it
>but oh well we'll somehow get to a foreign planet that is similar to earth enough
>then we'll terraform it (which depending on the location and exact composition of the planet, will take upwards of one million years, more likely 10s of millions)
???
>>
>>8746835
>>8746921
even if other entities "won't play ball" it would be easier to conquer the world and subjugate everyone or input the right schemes and influence through politics to get things to happen. Then it would be to find another planet and terraform it, much easier and much faster.
>>
>>8746811
Nice strawman, but communism still doesn't make any sense.
>>8746776
If your ancestors were of the same opinion about life, I hope you enjoy being a starving nigger
>>
>>8746776
>post yfw you realize that the "Blight" from interstellar was caused by monsanto crops killing all of the bees.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.