[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on quantum computers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: bogwithphone.jpg (51KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
bogwithphone.jpg
51KB, 500x387px
Red pill me on quantum computers.
>>
>>8746303
Instead of just |0> or |1>, we can also have |0>+|1>.
>>
How does one work in the quantum computer industry/research field? And what sort of research is being done. Reason I ask is because I know this autistic dude who is a first year physics/astrophysics major who told me he will do his PhD in quantum computing, improve them and use them to build ai. Is this an achievable feat as a lone pHD? I'm under the impression that the issue with them is more to do with the engineering/downscaling of them, rather than the physics behind it?
>>
>>8746443
>first year physics major

99% percent of these are autists who have no idea what they are talking about.

-t.Former 1st year physics major
>>
>>8746456
Yeah I figure. This guy is doing pretty decent right now in school so he's not a complete fucking moron. That being said, whats the main hurdle with quantum computers right now? Is it more of an engineering challenge? Or do we need to do more research on the physics going on? Are there any breakthroughs that would make these things exponentially more useful?
>>
>>8746303

QUANTUM IS CUBE-CORDED WITH QUEEN ANT UNIVERSAL MATRIARCH
>>
>>8746538
TO DENY SIMULTANEOUS FOUR DAY TIME CUBE IS TO DENY TRUTH ITSELF.
>>
>>8746579

1. Man Is Paired, 2 Half 4 Self.

1 of God Is Only 1/4 Of God.

Bible A Lie & Word Is Lies.

Navel Connects 4 Corner 4s.

God Is Born Of A Mother –

She Left Belly B. Signature.

Every Priest Has Ma Sign

But Lies To Honor Queers.

Belly B. Proves 4 Corners.
Your dirty lying teachers

use only the midnight to

midnight 1 day (ignoring

3 other days) Time to not

foul (already wrong) bible

time. Lie that corrupts earth

you educated stupid fools.

Belly-Button Logic Works
>>
>>8746470
From my layman understanding, it's more of an engineering challenge. Several ways of making qubits are known, but they tend to take a lot of space and aren't really easily done. Except for dWave (and their methods are questioned), no-one has a system that'd be easily mass-producible or even stable over long times without constant supervision. Of course the actual use also still needs work, but the theoretical part of quantum algorithms and such has already been explored for several years and thus has a head-start on the engineering part.
>>
>>8746309
But herkov theorem tells us it can only use two bits like a traditional binary. So what's the advantage?
>>
>>8746303
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/the-talk-3

Here. It's a cartoon meant to look like a newspaper comic so it sound be at about you level.
>>
>>8746674
not op, but this is great. thanks
>>
>>8746638
>>8746443
it isnt just an engineering problem, for one it hasnt been proven that bqp is faster than bpp, for two there is a lot of algorithmic research needed to make it work, for example practically implemetable quantum error correction
>>
>>8746674
Thanks
>>
>>8746470
You need to cool that shit down to close to absolute zero.
>>
>>8746303
YOU MEAN
A
QUICK
*INHALES*
Y-YoU mEaN
A QUICK
*SMACKS LIPS*
*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH*
*WHEEZE*
RUN DDDOOOOOOOOOOOWN!!?!?!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.