[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meta thread/ Can we clean /sci/ up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (3KB, 156x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 156x90px
We are allowed 1 meta thread per board. Can we clean /sci/ up a little? Lets ban all anons that call people brainlets (e.g. anyone that says X is a brainlet, where X is someone like feynman), they should be flat out banned.

We should kill IQ threads.
We should kill threads like the 'Signs you go to a brainlet university' one currently up (for at least a week).

We should kill obvious low quality bait threads
We should kill obvious low quality content threads

We should kill "is he, dare I say it our guy" threads

Anyone else agree?
>>
this board is already one of the slowest on this site don't remove anything
>>
>>8743625
Two problems with this.

One is that removing shitpost would murder this board because it's way too slow without it.

Another is that your proposal hinges on /sci/ actually having moderators.
>>
>>8743625
/sci/ is a place for highschoolers and mentally deficient college freshmen to have retarded arguements. They are going to be childish no matter what.

4chan could employ strict moderation and age requirements, but they would drive away all their traffic, and they don't want that.

So what you get is a shitty 4chan-tier circlejerk losely based on an educational theme.

If you want serious discussion you have to leave. In fact there's very little to discuss with anyone, if you want to learn something you can read about it and then contact actual experts on the subject. /sci/ is completely useless and so is your life.
>>
its simple.

Calculus captchas: integrate to post.
>>
>>8743625
I think that should only be one IQ test (a generals one) and all racebaiting should be obviously banned.
>>
>>8743625
I wouldn't change anything. You do not intervene in an experiment, you observe. Also, the current 4chan business model doesn't allow real moderation.
>>
>>8743625
I agree with getting rid of IQ threads. They're just circle jerks of lazy, genetically-gifted faggots.
>>
OP seems to be a heavily butthurt brainlet.
In any case to fix sci it would suffice to delete non science related threads...
>>
>>8743704
spelling check too
>>
Sometimes nice discussion can arise in a bait/gorilla/IQ thread.
There should be a wordfilter on brianlet though.
>>
>>8743625
The fact that /sci/ is a board for the discussion of science already implies that most of those kind of threads can be legally deleted.

There is just no one doing it.
>>
>>8743625
Forget about it. Some ambitious anon already had a couple of threads full of great (obvious really) propositions on banning retarded pasta threads, trolls and shitposts, but his threads just got pruned and nobody gave a single fuck. Because mods don't give a fuck and they never will. Rule-enforcers are on the side of the shitposters here.
>>
>>8743625
>anyone that says X is a brainlet,
You said it!
>>
>>8743625
>We should kill "is he, dare I say it our guy" threads
Those are the best threads on the whole board!
>>
>>8743704
>integrate this post
>suddenly a bunch of series and sequences with complex solutions are the required captcha solutions
>literally becomes entirely /math/ with the occasional physicist
>Only bots and math autists here
>Even more of a circle jerk
I don't know if it'd be better or worse honestly.
>>
>>8743716
>all racebaiting should be obviously banned.

Already is -- report it when you see it.
>>
>>8744370
>There should be a wordfilter on brianlet though.

In general, 4chan should make ore use of wordfilters again. Great way to make a point about a currently popular brand of shitposting and also have some fun.

Meximoot used to have fun with this place...
>>
>>8744896
No. Wolfram Alpha exists. The captcha would prevent people so retarded they don't know wolfram to post.

I can already see it. And /adv/ thread asking for the solution to a /sci/ captcha.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.