[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the lottery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (8KB, 311x162px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 311x162px
is it possible to win the lottery by finding which numbers are picked the most through statistical math? has anyone done this?
>>
Yes, I did it. I'm a millionaire now.

Please don't tell anyone how to do this.
>>
>>8742278

B...but you didn't tell us how you did it.

>we will wait for the infomercial
>>
ok, i'm going to go win all of the lotteries in all of the states now
>>
>>8742278

Lotteries HATE him
>>
>>8742274
Lottery drawings are independent of one another and all balls are statistically equivalent to be drawn. Any patterns you perceive are coincidence. The microscopic weight difference in ink on different numbers is statistically negligible.
>>
File: 9L0s8BO.jpg.png (18KB, 674x207px) Image search: [Google]
9L0s8BO.jpg.png
18KB, 674x207px
>>8742321
Lotteries are suppose to be as random as possible. There was one guy who won who created a computer program which picked a ton of tickets as random as possible.

The trick to winning is being as random as possible.
>>
>>8742363
>he said doom twice
Not random at all
>>
Ever heard of precognitive dreams...
>>
>>8742274
>statistical math
As opposed to statistics?
>>
>>8742274
>is it possible
Flying pigs is possible. Reasonably, however, neither are sanely likely.
>>
>>8742363
The main reason this worked is not because you're more likely to win, but because if you do win you're less likely to have to split the prize.

If a number like 01221990 won, then a fuckton of people with a birthday on January 22nd 1990 will win and have to split the prize, but if you win with a truly random string then you will get all the money by yourself
>>
File: gigantic brain.jpg (28KB, 558x279px) Image search: [Google]
gigantic brain.jpg
28KB, 558x279px
>>8742520
For that reason, your smartest picks are things like 1,2,3,4,5,6 -- just as likely as any other combination to show up, but very unlikely anybody else will pick it since it LOOKS so unlikely.

You might pick 4,5,6,7,8,9, to get off the first six numbers, just because the first six is such an obvious pick that nobody else would pick that somebody else might pick it, just for that reason.
>>
>>8742288
sent :^)
>>
>>8742722
But the people smart enough to use this strategy, will also pick 4,5,6,7,8,9 due to what you mentioned, so you're actually better off sticking with 1,2,3,4,5,6
>>
>>8742278
THIS /sci/posting son of a bitch is making MILLIONS
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.