[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What _are_ fields?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: ripples.jpg (15KB, 350x278px) Image search: [Google]
ripples.jpg
15KB, 350x278px
What _are_ fields?
>>
consciousness
>>
There is a uniform value for something everywhere, that's the field, you call that value zero, when you see a value in that field grater or lower than zero, that's a perturbation, a wave, the origin of the wave is a particle.

Not completely accurate, but should give you a good intuition
>>
>>8740913
a ring where every non-zero element is a unit
>>
>>8740948
>origin of the wave is a particle.
nah
https://youtu.be/RwdY7Eqyguo?t=14m40s
>>
File: Zeruel_AT_field.png (219KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
Zeruel_AT_field.png
219KB, 500x417px
>>8740948
Yeah. I'm more curious about what exactly those quantities are a measure of.

>Physics is mathematical not because we know so much about the physical world, but because we know so little; it is only its mathematical properties that we can discover.
>>
>>8740991
Good quote. I think a lot of people have forgotten just because we can model the behavior of things mathematically it doesn't mean we actually know how those things function in reality.
>>
>>8740988
This is a great video. Watch the whole thing.
>>
>>8741001
How are you supposed to logically arrive at an "answer" if you can't logically interpret it?
>>
>>8740913
In math,>>8740958

In physics,

A scalar field is a smooth function on the spacetime manifold to R or C.

A vector field is a section of the tangent bundle of the manifold.

A (p,q)-tensor field is a section of the tensor product of p-copies of the tangent bundle and q-copies of the cotangent bundle of the manifold.

A spinor field is a section of a spinor bundle (bundle of representations of the Clifford algebras of the tangent spaces) on the manifold.
>>
>>8740913
it's just a function of space
>>
>>8741085
What we can't logically arrive at is the nature of reality. Our minds are governed by the very laws that govern reality. As such, we can only use them to learn about the behaviors, interactions, relationships and patterns inherent in reality, not about its fundamental nature, which is likely to be fundamentally illogical.
>>
>>8740913
These big things full of grass and trees. When was the last time you went outside?
>>
>>8741030
>>
>>8740913
Poppy fields are somthing that's wroth war, not this talks about meaning that are degenerating a little bit.
>>
>it's vibrating strings
oh

can you prove they're there or why they are there?
>god did it
oh

and what is this "god"
>
oh
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.