[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Image decomposition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: boarsketch.png (402KB, 828x480px) Image search: [Google]
boarsketch.png
402KB, 828x480px
I have a few concept art scans of Daggerfall from 1996, and other artwork shimmers through them. Pic related shows the Wereboar with a Scorpion sketch behind it.
Does /sci/ have any idea how to decompose pictures of that sort?
>>
Post the full resolution image.
>>
Otsu's.
>>
File: DAGGER14.gif (112KB, 414x480px) Image search: [Google]
DAGGER14.gif
112KB, 414x480px
>>8739005
This is the exact picture from 1996
>>
You could make a very simple curves adjustment in photoshop that shows only faint lines and maps dark lines to white. It woudl look something like
/|_
>>
>>8739013
Already tried that. It doesn't look desireable.
>>
Scan over subregions and apply local thresholds based on the background values?
>>
File: localthr.png (99KB, 414x480px) Image search: [Google]
localthr.png
99KB, 414x480px
>>8739026
meh
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (207KB, 414x480px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
207KB, 414x480px
I think you will need to do some manual clean up.
Here I've tried to subtract the wolf.
>>
File: bearthing.png (213KB, 416x480px) Image search: [Google]
bearthing.png
213KB, 416x480px
>>8739000
Nah, that is pretty much impossible. The problem is that it's very hard to distinguish soft lines of the original pic from lines of the background. You have no label that tells you which is which. You best shot is to increase contrast or whatever has been done already in this thread and try some guessing. Appears to be some sort of scorpion.
>>
>>8739064
It does actually read "Scorpion" at the left hand of the Wereboar.
>>
File: cmapbear.png (615KB, 800x923px) Image search: [Google]
cmapbear.png
615KB, 800x923px
It often helps to apply a colormap to the picture to make the dynamic range a little easier to see without throwing away visual information.
>>
>>8739081
that seems to be a good start.
I'm now trying to rotate the color scheme and split the channels
>>
>>8739000
what the shit is going on in this thread
>>
>>8739093
non-cosmetic image manipulation.
>>8739087
crap, this doesn't work.
>>
>>8739093
desu, I was hoping for people to suggest something with convolution, neural networks or frequency analysis. but whatevs...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.