[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Academic cancer general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: College-Confidential.jpg (51KB, 705x345px) Image search: [Google]
College-Confidential.jpg
51KB, 705x345px
>muh HYP
>>
>>8735346
That site is just one tier more aids than /sci/
>>
>>8735346
Wait wait, i got one:
>hey, did you do last night's homework?
assigned last week
>can i see your answers?
Work for answer is identifying information
>>
>>8735346
That site is quite possibly the worst place to go to for college advice
>>
Bunch of 3.0 GPAs ITT.
>>
>>8735429
What are better sites?
>>
>>8735472
/sci/ is where I ask for high school senior advice.
>>
>>8735442
tfw 2.6 GPA in HS and now doing PHD at a top 25 school for your field.
>>
will this be on the midterm
>>
>>8735429
I got good advice once: the only honor societies worth joining are Phi Kappa Phi and Phi Beta Kappa, and even then they still don't mean much. I joined the former because one of my favorite prof's was in it.
>>
>>8735472
Unironically reddit (I believe there is one called applyingtocollege which is pretty good if I can recall) as well as verifying claims with interviews/Q&A of admissions officers (which are also on reddit) and university stats from their website and 3rd party sites that compile it.

For example, lets say I am a legacy (+donation to make it more than a tiebreaker) at an Ivy and want to figure out how much that helps. Using a combination of the Cornell reddit, the Q&A with the Cornell admission officer and the Q&A with the Harvard admission officer as well as the official stats on the admission rate of legacies, you could figure out that no matter what memes the colleges spew legacy helps a lot (if your legacy is good then they might ask "how can we get this kid in" rather than "should we let this kid in") but with tue detail that for legacy to be more than just a tiebreaker or boost as big as being hispanic, your alumni parent must be involved with the school or donate.

Just an example.
>>
>>8735375
That's pretty harsh
>>
>>8735346
grad cafe
quora (on grad admissions)
reddit (on grad admissions)
>>
File: 1486333710990.jpg (47KB, 592x448px) Image search: [Google]
1486333710990.jpg
47KB, 592x448px
>hand shoots up
>BUT PROFESSOR WHAT ABOUT THE EMPTY SET
>>
File: 9rCs19Ah.jpg (47KB, 639x765px) Image search: [Google]
9rCs19Ah.jpg
47KB, 639x765px
>>8735346
Leftists. Always making everything political, even ethics is just cultural marxism. Wtf.
>>
>>8737339
Are you joking? It's ALWAYS conservatives who bring up politics out of nowhere and are the same morons who get triggered by anything not conforming to their safe-space. Conservatism by definition condemns open-mindedness whereas liberalism encourages it

"muh SJWs" have nothing to do with the left, their values parallel those of republicans/conservatives
>>
File: 1478035856291.jpg (9KB, 219x239px) Image search: [Google]
1478035856291.jpg
9KB, 219x239px
>>8737364
>DUDE OPEN-MINDED LMAO
>>
>>8737364
>Imply cuckservatives don't do it at the same rate.
>>
>>8737364

>Conservatism by definition condemns open-mindedness whereas liberalism encourages it

Oh boy, here we go.
>>
File: manichean_elect.jpg (672KB, 2139x3029px) Image search: [Google]
manichean_elect.jpg
672KB, 2139x3029px
Fuck your STEM shit and massive debt, imma History degree at a community college and then state school.

No way I'm betting I will be one of the 27% of graduates who actually go into a job related to their degrees.
>>
>>8737364
>conservatism by definition is bad while liberalism by definition is good
classic
>>
>>8735533
2.6 GPA in high school doing engineering at my state's flagship university while maintaining above a 3.0 average. gotta love community college.
>>
>>8738299
>thinks he wont get a job with STEM
>goes to community college and hopes to go to state school studying history to get a job
>>
>>8737364
>conservatism by definition condemns open-mindedness
Modern conservatism isn't 19th century conservatism you fucking moron. George "let the flames burn" W. Bush is not a student of Metternich.
>>
>>8737339
>Unironically thinks cultural Marxism is real
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8738307
top kek
>>
>>8738864
>Modern conservatism isn't 19th century conservatism
Yep, and liberalism got warped even worse.
>>
>>8735442
C's get degrees faggot
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.