[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zombies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

How would a zombie virus work if it were real /sci/?
>>
if you're going to assume it's real why don't you just assume how it works too?
>>
>>8733165
Well I'd like some scientific discussion on this hypothetical topic to see how it could hypothetically work in the real world.
>>
>>8733163
most movie zombies completely defy conservation of energy. any realistic outbreak wouldn't last longer than a year.
>>
File: InfectedClifton2.png (520KB, 1035x683px) Image search: [Google]
InfectedClifton2.png
520KB, 1035x683px
>>8733163
Any viruses out there like the one in 28 Days?
>>
>>8733172
Don't bait

>>8733183
Rabies

But even rabies is pretty far off
>>
>>8733163
>>/v/
>>
>>8733163
I imagine some kind of a virus that effects the mind. It would be hard to get the traditional zombie, 'living dead'. Its beyond our current realm of science but you could get some virus that basically kills your high mental thought, making you mindless. Perhaps this virus also causes peripheral vasoconstriction by lowering core body temperature (blood redistributed to organs) leading to necrosis on extremities (think frost bite) to give them the 'dead' look. Since this 'virus' kills higher mental thought, hypothetically we could induce no hunger regulation of the enteric nervous system. With lack of inhibition and feeling starved they may resort to eating one another or other people. I think its possible but outside our realm of science currently and whoever was to create this virus would be pretty fucked up.
>>
it has always bothered me how much fucking gasoline they seem to have on the walking dead
>>
Humans are great at killing humans so a zombie virus would probably last 2 weeks then become a novelty like in Shawn of the dead
>>
>>8733237
I know this is just your initial take on the idea but that would not cover the ability to function without any sleep or rest, the ability to exert yourself constantly without getting tired, and I would imagine people affected by something like that would still feel excessive trauma like limbs being amputated or excessive blood loss by being shot several times in the chest.

I personally agree with >>8733229 It would be some sort of super rabies, but the infected wouldn't be some moaning, shambling zombie thing.
>>
>>8733248
Keeping in mind this is all hypothetical, the virus could completely absolve the person of feeling any emotion or pain. The nazis did trials and found individuals could march 90 something miles without any food/sleep before dropping. I imagine these zombies wouldn't have a long life span.
>>
>>8733257
Yeah I know it's all for fun, it just irks me when normies start talking about REAL LIFE zombie stuff since it is biologically impossible.

To me the reason why slow, shambling zombies are scary is because they never stop, they never decay, and they completely outnumber you. You can outrun them and kill them pretty easily 1 on 1, but they never end. It's an inescapable fate.
>>
>>8733230
Kys
>>
>>8733229
It was stated in 28 Days Later that the virus is a strain of Ebola.
>>
>>8733344
>citation needed
>>
>>8733352
http://28dayslater.wikia.com/wiki/Rage_Virus
>>
carrion eaters, bacteria, and fungus would eliminate zombies with in months.
>>
>>8733229
Not him but how is that bait? It's called a 'hook'.
>>
>>8733176
Zombie outbreak should realistically be contained at some point and stopped in that time or even shorter. Unless most people were pants of head retarded.

True zombie apocalypse could succeed if it was multiple outbreaks (not one) what also disturbed defenses and command structures of world nations.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.