[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on transhumanism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

Redpill me on transhumanism
>>
>>8732511
50-100 years. Depends if computers are able to progress as fast as people want still.
>>
>>8732511
it's technically possible
>>
>>8732511
It's gonna happen, advances in quantum computing will only guarantee it will happen quicker than you realize.
Ever wondered how it would feel to have a brain to machine interface connected to the net?

like sheeeeiiiittt
>>
>>8732511
scifi garbage peddled by delusional technoutopians
>>
File: 1481497076918.gif (623KB, 480x530px) Image search: [Google]
1481497076918.gif
623KB, 480x530px
>>8732511
Transhumanism is just like anime girls, but they're really real, 'cause they're shot into your brains with computers and shit.
>>
>>8733078
>being this naive
>>
>>8732511
Although it's possible, people will probably always be far too squeamish for it to actually catch on.
>>
>>8733091
Lad, that's bait.
>>
>>8733094
m8 it's the truth
our future isn't star trek, it's mad max
>>
>>8733104
I could say potential future, but the world is very stable and technology is still progressing. So we'll have perhaps less exponential growth but maybe more or less the same.
>>
>>8733104
Star Trek is bad sci fi.
>>
>>8733108
>but the world is very stable and technology is still progressing
the world is way less stable than it was just 10 years ago and technology doesn't prevent societal collapse.
>>
>>8733114
The world isn't that unstable.
>>
>>8732511
Dude we're totally gonna get biological immortality in [insert a number inferior to my life expectancy]
>>
>>8733117
Not yet, but it's getting there
>>
>>8733121
Honestly I'd say a hundred years as a conservative guess.
>>
>>8732511
>Redpill me on transhumanism
It's irrelevant long-term.
>>8725850
>>
You were born too early for it.
>>
>>8732511
Just 20 years™ away.
>>
>>8733123
>You're somewhere between the ages of 14-19

Heh, nothing personal kid, but you will grow out of this phase in time and realise this world has no interest in ending civilization.
>>
>>8732511
>>1
>>420
>>666

You achieved transhumanism
>>
>>8733803
lol
>>
>>8732511
's'gay
>>
>>8733087
Imagine the sexual revolution that would occur because of this. Would people with access to the actual girl of their dreams even have sex? Would we have to start an agency for artificial insemination?
>>
>>8733064
AHAHA cant wait
>>
>>8733438
>this world has no interest in ending civilization.
and i have no interest in dying but i'm not retarded enough to believe that I won't
>>
>>8732517
>>8732540
>>8733064
>>8733078
t. people who have no idea what transhumanism is

"Transhumanism (abbreviated as H+ or h+) is an international and intellectual movement that aims to transform the human condition by developing and making widely available sophisticated technologies to greatly enhance human intellectual, physical, and psychological capacities. Transhumanist thinkers study the potential benefits and dangers of emerging technologies that could overcome fundamental human limitations, as well as the ethics of using such technologies. The most common transhumanist thesis is that human beings may eventually be able to transform themselves into different beings with abilities so greatly expanded from the natural condition as to merit the label of posthuman beings."

It's not something you attain, it's something you progressively improve on and work towards. To eventually shed biology and limiting archaic and/or humanistic ethics/culture/societies/etc. We have already done this in a number of ways.
>>
>>8735813
>Transhumanist thinkers
lol good one
>>
>>8732511
possible but would probably develop very slowly since alot of people are against the idea of becoming something beyond humans
>>
File: Apocalypse.jpg (112KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse.jpg
112KB, 1024x576px
Transhumanism won't happen because the Economic Event Horizon will happen first:

In the next 20 years, Artificial Intelligence will eliminate 90% of all jobs. The companies that control the machines will become so powerful that there will be nothing that can stop them. Machines that can drive, stock shelves, and recognize faces will have no problem repressing angry mobs. Even now politicians can't say no to big business, they will be falling all over themselves to be the best budy of the last employed human.

Since no one will be able to buy anything, it will be up to the whim of the corporatist to decide what to do with everyone. Kill them, put them in a slum until they die out, keep a few as pets. It won't matter. Humanity has about 20 years to live.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.