[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello my name is Ed Witten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: ed witten.jpg (135KB, 798x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ed witten.jpg
135KB, 798x1200px
and I'm the world's greatest living physicist

Einstein's successor
>>
Except he has yet to contribute anything relevant.

Theoretical physics is a joke, it's measurably worse then mathematics.
>>
>>8730538
GET OUT
>>
>>8730528
>>
He has the soft voice of an angel.
>>
>>8730538
>Except he has yet to contribute anything relevant.
This.
String theory BTFO.
>>
>>8730770
His Voice Is Like Sleeping In God's Beard
>>
File: untitled (2).gif (20KB, 497x323px) Image search: [Google]
untitled (2).gif
20KB, 497x323px
>>8730528
how about professional ethics among the professionals?

>On the Riemann Zeta Function
>http://vixra.org/abs/1703.0073
>>
File: YouKnowThatOneShip.jpg (50KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
YouKnowThatOneShip.jpg
50KB, 800x450px
>WTF do you mean by this now?

See... if they continue to prioritize the publication status of the research, which is "published" in every sense of the word, over the content of the research, which is clearly of high value and wide relevance, then they are political agents, not scientists.

It is fine under a doldrums of theoretical discovery to say, "Fine, the political people want to be in charge of the part that doesn't happen in the lab? that's fine." However, when the theoretical winds pick up, it is important to immediately make a realistic appraisal of scenarios in which the political agents are impeding science so much so that the political expedience of the political agents loses is accounting status as an asset.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.