[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>college students get 2.5 hr/week of lecture for a 3 credit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 0a183d27314fa502f4a6c09f619f897f.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
0a183d27314fa502f4a6c09f619f897f.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
>college students get 2.5 hr/week of lecture for a 3 credit class
>highschool students get 7.5 hrs/week of lecture
>>
high school is slavepig training camp, if you are smart you teach yourself in college
>>
>>8730243
>2.5 hour a week for 3 credit course

Don't know where you're getting your stats from but this semester I'm averaging 5 hours per credit, not that that statistic means anything
>>
>>8730356
What the fuck? You have 15 hours of lecture a week for one class?

I'm assuming you mean per class, which is still a lot actually. That's a 1 hour 15 min class 4x a week. I have 2 of those a week for a 3 credit class.
>>
im confused. OP are you assuming that lectures don't come with homework/studying?
>>
>>8730243
>he went to highschool
>he wasn't enrolled at a community college by age 15
>he didn't already have half his undergrad finished by the time his peers were just starting to take ((((AP)))) classes

i hope you enjoyed your time in daycare.
>>
>>8730412
This is smart, but I'm pretty CC won't allow more than 5% HS students.
>>
>>8730243
College students aren't having to be wards of the state and kept out of trouble during the time that their parents aren't home.

University education also isn't compulsory while a high school education, up until you're 16, is.
>>
>>8730426
they don't really have a say. if you pass the entrance exams, you pass the entrance exams. your high school might try to get on your case about truancy, but taking the GED exam usually shuts them up.
>>
>>8730243
In high school, the model is lecture first, then further practice through homework and readings. You only have to figure, say, about 20% of the course content outside of class.

In college, they expect you to have read and done shit before the lecture and reserve lecture for questions and clarifications. It doesn't always happen, though they plan the semester as though it does happen. This usually means you have to figure out 80% of the course content yourself. More if you ever go into a project-based class.

College will also leave your ass in the dust if you don't keep up and not care if you have to repeat a course or change your major.

And this is just talking about one class. The minimum full-time requirement is 12 course hours. So you're balancing at least four courses at once, and if you include 2 hours of study and homework for every 1 hour of scheduled lecture, you have 36 hours a week. You're averaging 5.14 hours per day if you spread it over the whole week or 7.2 per day if you pack it into the weekdays.

This is the bare minimum. If you ever have to take 18 hours a week and you average 8 hours of sleep a night, they suggest you spend half of your waking hours working on school. Some people can get away with less. Some people HAVE to get away with less because of work or organization obligations.

And did I mention you're probably having to juggle a home life on your own for once? Or at least a quasi-home life?
>>
>>8730407
What? Nobody's talking about HW/studying, I'm talking about time a professor is in front of a blackboard teaching
>>
>>8730482
Why should I have to teach myself shit? I pay 20k a year. I was spoonfed in high school, why can't I continue to be?
>>
>>8730511
Because you didnt get in Ivy League where they even give a personal tutor.
>>
>>8730515
Thoroughly jealous of the resources those schools have. I know for CMU (blah blah not Ivy) for every CS project, they'll have the GTAs lecture on how to do them. The fuck? Here I am renting a book on C and watching youtube to teach myself this shit
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.