[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could it actually be harmful to have extremely strong immune

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: f93.png (299KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
f93.png
299KB, 680x598px
Could it actually be harmful to have extremely strong immune system? I for one haven't been properly sick in four years, not even the normal influenza / flu during winter time. The example case I've read about was that those people who get the H5N1 influenza die because of their extremely strong immune response to the disease (cytokine storm). Any expert on the matter who could chip in?
>>
>>8729934
I never used to get ill with flu or anything but then got lung cancer at 25 so I'm not sure if that means anything.
>>
>>8729946
Are you the same brit who posted this to /pol/ a while back? Cancer is a different case though, cancer at young age is almost always due to genetic defects. Your immune system doesn't play a huge part in fighting cancer
>>
>>8729934
It is EXTREMELY harmful.
To other beings. Bahahahahaha.
Also it could be that you never go out or even vaccinate yourself. In which case when you do actually get infected by a real disease you will get super sick.
>>
>>8729954
Yes
>>
>>8729960
I got vaccinated against the usual diseases as I was a child. Here in Finland it is the norm to get vaccinated. And I do actually go out, to work & spend time with friends and family on the weekends etc
>>
>Could it actually be harmful to have extremely strong immune system
>What are auto-immune disorders
>>
>>8730032
Yeah, I hope I don't have to deal with any of those in my life, most seem very harmful
>>
>>8730049
You're speaking to someone with no large intestine, a J-pouch, and Crohns. I can probably answer most questions you'd have about it.
>>
>>8730060
Would like to know what disease prompted the docs to remove your large intestine? I thought that Crohn's could be (in most cases) kept in check by eating healthy & exercising
>>
>>8730063
>Would like to know what disease prompted the docs to remove your large intestine
UC- Ulcerative colitis. The Crohns is possibly related, but it's a completely different second disorder.
>>
>>8730070
That one is a bitch. At time's the pain must have been/ must be quite exquisite
>>
>>8730084
Besides chronic diarrhea and some pretty horrible physical pain if you go to long without a toilet break, the everyday pain is manageable. They have me on a huge cocktail of meds, which helps too. It's just kinda a thing you get used to after a while.
>>
>>8729934
Not getting sick, when all you ever do is sit at home jacking off to anime tiddies all day, does not mean you have a strong immune system.
>>
>>8729934
I met a guy who was dying due to his ridiculously efficient immune system. Basically he managed to get pneumonia once, and his immune system kicked its ass. It also however created scar tissue in his lungs, which his immune system attacked, creating more scar tissue, etc. His body was slowly tearing itself apart. He was taking drugs to weaken his immune system but it only slows the process. This was several years ago and he probably dead by now.
>>
>>8729934

It's hard to get sick when you never interact with other people, OP.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.