[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions for David Griffiths

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (18KB, 260x321px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 260x321px
Gonna be in a Skype call with griffiths in a few minutes, might get a chance to ask him some questions. I'm on mobile so I'll try my best.
>>
ask him how he wrote such a shitty textbook
>>
>>8729876
Ask him why he sneaks God into all his books.
>>
show him your dick on skype and ask him to rate it
>>
politely ask how much money he's made off his university textbooks (electrodynamics, particle physics, quantum mechanics etc)
>>
>>8729893
You'll have to clarify which one retard.

>>8729910
I'll see what I can do. It seems like I have to email our leader to get her to ask him. Silly system but some of the people here would ask him how many gigabytes of ram is needed to run a server.
>>
>>8729959
>You'll have to clarify which one retard.
it was implied that it was the one you posted retard
>>
He's talked about how he didn't plan to write electro and quantum, just based off lecture notes. How his quantum was meant to be published by someplace other than Pearson but then the other publisher got bought out/ bought Pearson. He's most proud of electro since it's his most polished and likes teaching quantum since its fun. Says other books methods of teaching quantum is fine, and he's happy it doesn't dominate the market like electro does since all electro books are basically the same where as teaching quantum different ways can be good. Hasn't written a book on mechanics since he never taught first semester mechanics only second semester which focused on GR. Says Taylor is pretty good but does a little too much explaining/ too fat.

Talked about how when electro came out it was considered unfavorable and disliked by a lot of people since he didn't use third person and passive voice. Preferred writing like how he lectured which is obvious since he just handed his lecture notes to the Pearson guy to get him out of his office.
>>
Okay here's some more:

He talked about how his mustache was inspired by a NY baseball player. The cat on the front and back cover was plagiarized from a superposition of the two on the cover of scientific American and he was told to," not worry about it" by the publisher. It's pretty funny because the group that hosted the meeting has the same cat on the front and back of their tshirts. He gets quite a few emails from India and Iran about the book and he likes getting emails because they help him learn where he has to explain better. For example he's answered many question about how magnetic fields do no work. Also if you want the solution to a problem he'll email it to you.(even though you can find the solutions online lol) He considers the weak interaction force to be the most sexy. Sorry that's all didn't get to any other questions.
>>
>>8729876
Ask him why Jackson is still used for grad e and m
>>
>>8730022
>>8730071
Thank you.
>>
Why were you skyping him?
Personally I never really liked his EM book, I thought it was too verbose. I liked quantum though.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.