[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become good at math?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: malabohistorichouse.jpg (282KB, 1100x912px) Image search: [Google]
malabohistorichouse.jpg
282KB, 1100x912px
How do I become good at math?
>>
You don't, you are either good at math or you are not good at math.
There is no 'becoming good' at math.
>>
>>8728765
practice, study, dedication and interest.

its really easy t b h but its gonna be hell if math isn't your favourite subject
>>
>>8728770
This. However most people never achieve their genetic potential, I'm sure OP never even tried to be good at math.

>>8728765
>How do i become good at something
You exercise. Duh!
>>
>>8728765
Accept Jesus Christ into your heart.
>>
File: malabomarket.jpg (66KB, 748x561px) Image search: [Google]
malabomarket.jpg
66KB, 748x561px
>>8728774
I have always been well above average in math. I'm just not amazing.

If we achieved our genetic potential, we would not be on 4chan.
>>
If your having trouble with I'd recommend a tutor. If you try to do it by yourself you might learn it wrong.
>>
All it takes is interest and practice, not much to it. I failed 1st semester with a D however I took interest and practiced and now I'm staying at a constant A (93%) for the 2nd semester.
P.s Khan academy is a good resource to practice off of
>>
>>8728765
GAS THE BRAINLETS
IQ WAR NOW!
>>
>>8728765

With good education and perseverance.
>>
Stop being stupid.
>>
How do you become good at anything?

It's the same with math. Break down everything into small tasks, then master the tasks. Once you've mastered all the small tasks, it will look like you've mastered a big task, and once you have enough big tasks mastered, it will look like you are "good at math." As long as you don't tell anyone that you are actually just breaking everything down and mastering small things, people will think you are good at math, because, from the outside, it looks like you're doing one big thing. After a while, you will begin to do many of these tasks unconsciously. People who do this unconsciously from the start we call "talented."

You are never going to find someone who is good at math who didn't have recent ancestors who worked in some kind of trade that required them to do some kind numerical or geometric reasoning. Children of accountants, scientists, statisticians, physicists, engineers, ... they typically are "good at math." Realize that at some point in their family line, someone just wasn't good at it, but decided to start being good at it. Pretend you are that person rather than comparing yourself to stuff that's so far downstream that you couldn't possibly catch up in your lifetime.
>>
>>8728765
How good do you want to be? Terrence Tao tier? You need passion, talent, parents who preferably bully you into excelling in it.

Just to pass undergraduate on math? Interest and patience to sit in library and grind through exercises.
>>
Becoming a good Mathematician is like becoming a good Samurai, it takes patience,discipline, and talent. Of course, you don't have to be Tao level to contribute to mathematics. Perhaps, your unique make up will deliver the final blow to a open problem.
>>
>>8728765
you have to understand how they work math is the language of the universe you can explain everything in math
>>
>>8729555
>Terrence Tao tier

Come on, this has gotta be almost 100% natural talent. He no doubt works hard but I find it hard to believe that's really made a significant difference to his maths ability.
>>
>>8728770

Telling yourself things like this is why you are a loser.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.