[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best energy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Solar_vs_wind.jpg (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Solar_vs_wind.jpg
284KB, 1920x1080px
What is the best energy
>>
Orgone energy
>>
solar thermal, csp, wave, pv is getting better
>>
File: FRELEC.jpg (118KB, 1883x1306px) Image search: [Google]
FRELEC.jpg
118KB, 1883x1306px
The frog knows.
>>
Memetic energy
>>
>>8727485
Right now wind is much better in most areas. However solar is improving faster currently. Anyway they're not competing and can complement each other.
>>
Good tier: Hydro, Geothermal, Nuclear (operated by whites), Solar boiler

Acceptable tier: Nuclear (operated by Slavs or Asians), natural gas, coal, oil

Meme tier: Photovoltaic, wind, biomass, tidal
>>
>>8727485
I'm all for cutting fossil fuel, and numbers wise solar & wind are enough to power the US.

However how do we deal with storage and peak energy use problem? The sun and wind aren't the strongest necessarily during household peak energy use between 6-10pm and vice versa when the sun is the strongest energy usage usually is not very high.

Because of this, if a city/county/state were to solely rely on solar & wind it necessitates energy storage out of batteries, which are incredibly expensive and need to be made out of rare metals
>>
>>8727702
Hydro and gas

No one thinks we'll get 100% of our energy from wind and solar, but a significant majority is totally viable
>>
what ever is economical, reliable, and not coal or oil
>>
>>8727485
Coal and oil. I live in Wisconsin, we can use some global warming.
>>
>>8727742
kys, this dumb joke wasn't funny the first time let alone the 50 millionth
>>
>>8727485
The energy you get from crushing your enemy, seeing him driven before you, and hearing the lamentations of his women.
>>
>>8727485
Solar > Wind > Hydro > Fusion > Nuclear > Biomass > Coal
>>
Fusion (if/when it works largescale) > Solar > Fission > Biofuel > Wind - Hydroelectric - Geothermal >>>>>> Natural Gas > Oil > Coal
>>
>>8727485
Nuclear. I'll enjoy my small geographic footprint, not being subject to weather, and being carbon positive thank you very much
>>
>>8727512
Poor france doesn't deserve to suffer the same fate of climate change as the rest of the world does
>>
>>8727768
>Conan the environmentalist
>>
>>8727485
For a house I think vertical geothermal combined with solar is the best choice. Natural gas of course can be used instead of the geothermal.
>>
File: file.png (197KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
197KB, 400x267px
>>8727485
Black skinned animals which the only input is food and you can basically use the power to do whatever you want
>>
>>8727485
4th gen nuclear followed by 3rd gen followed by 2nd gen.
>>
>>8728159
i wouldn't use geothermal for electricity, despite reliability, it is expensive and it can only be used in certain areas well, however, it can be used as a heating element well just like natural gas, only it costs more than natural gas to implement, at the expense of it being cheaper to run, and it also doesn't potentially kill you from monoxide poisoning.
>>
>>8727485
The best depends on environment and industry in a given place. Mixed energy pertaining to the needs and specifics of said place is best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRNy89j6wMc
>>
The energy of your heart.
>>
>>8728237
So white power?
>>
>>8727485
All these nuclear answers after Fukushima killed the Pacific. Sad!
>>
>>8727485
Memes and butthurt?
>>
Nuclear.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.