[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coming up with a work regime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1488580152621.jpg (642KB, 1125x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1488580152621.jpg
642KB, 1125x1068px
Alright /sci/, so I've come to understand that in order to become good or great or even exceptional at something, one must practice the ever living shit out of it.

But the thing is, there are four things I want to become great at: Math, Art, Programming, and Writing.

So, how many hours a day should I dedicate to each of these subjects? In order from how much I care to the least I care:
>Math
>Programming
>Art
>Writing
Alright, so I should distribute the most time out of my day to Math, with the rest of the time falling into the rest of the subjects appropriately.

I wake up at 10:30 AM every day, and usually go to bed at about 12 AM.
So that leaves me about 14 hours or so in my day to do stuff.

So, 3 hours per subject? Or would it be more efficient to have days where I practice 6 hours of Math and 6 hours of Programming, and then days where I practice 6 hours of Art and 6 hours of Writing?

Am I trying to bite off more than I can chew here? I'm kind of a NEET so I have time. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do shit like this forever though because I plan on doing STEM.
>>
>>8727217
Pick one thing and get really good at it.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Then supplement the focused hard studying in one subject by giving yourself a couple hours a day to decompress with more enjoyable subjects with less pressure applied.
>>
>>8727223
So, pick one subject to study 8-12 hours a day, every day. Then leave yourself free time to explore the other topics without as much rigor.

THAT would be most efficient for your learning of a subject, whichever you pick.
>>
>>8727217
>I wake up at 10:30 AM every day, and usually go to bed at about 12 AM.
What kind of parasitic worm are you?
>>
>>8727223
Well, I don't really care for Art or Writing like I do Math and Programming. They're really just more for a creative outlet and pass-time. I have always had a fantasy where I work in some STEM job and just write novels/ebooks on the side, and draw the cover art for them.

Right now, I am focusing on Math, but barely scraping out programming, and I hardly ever write. I have been drawing a shit ton though because I think it's fun and I'm finally starting to get somewhere with it. Naturally I'd like to start doing more of all these things if I can.

>>8727228
I don't have a job as I said.

Plus, I live with my grandparents and that's when they wake up, so they don't get mad if I use the kitchen and make noise. They are light sleepers and sleep next to the kitchen, so they wake up like 90% of the time when I go in there to make food or something. I used to wake up at 5 AM, but it just didn't go to well. I'm probably going to just start making sandwiches the evening before and going to bed and waking up at 5 and eating those for breakfast. I'm tired of fucking waking up at 10.

>>8727226
Fuck.
I don't know what to choose. Part of me loves the fuck out of Math, but another part of me loves the fuck out of Programming.

This is atleast a welcome change compared to where I was at a year ago with the "I don't know what I want to do" thing.
>>
>>8727233
For what it is worth, unless you're comfortable with linear and diff eq, then you should stick with math as you'll need to learn up to that level regardless for advanced programming.
>>
File: Wrammm.jpg (345KB, 1280x806px) Image search: [Google]
Wrammm.jpg
345KB, 1280x806px
>I wake up at 10:30 AM every day, and usually go to bed at about 12 AM.
Eat cornflakes while reading /sci/ for 20 minutes and then go back to bed.

Well anyway, from my personal experience and what I've seen, setting out a major change in your habits and just starting and doing it is impossible.

What I'd recommend is a project to work on, one that involves most or all of the topics.
E.g.
>how to create a program that, each minute, downloades the instagram picture with the most clicks.
And then you can think about how to filter out pictures that are fotographs and just keep the drawn or designed ones. Algorithmically.
This is a huge task, but setting such a task will involve you will all the topic that interests you and provide you with skills and tools that are actually used.
That project was just something I made up on the spot, find one that fits best.

PS I already regret writing down so much text, because it's fairly evident that that's just a fluke idea of yours and I'd bet significant amounts of money that you'll not even end up studying more than 4 hours a day.
>>
>>8727239
I'm probably going to just focus on Programming then. I think I love Programming far more than I do Math. I just don't hardly do it enough because I never have a fucking project I want to work on. Right now I have one, but it's nearing completion and then I'll be left with nothing again.
>>
>>8727217
Would recommend to study maths & programming, start with few hours a day build up if you feel like it.
Don't overdo it and keep living healthy ( eating, sports )
>>
>>8727252
Try to search for books about programming games. You will learn to implement most of the basic stuff there. Or just make up a game yourself and porgramm it. If you got some money go to Coursera, Edx, Udemy or Udacity and buy some courses on programming and advance from there on.
>>
>>8727217

>implying you will manage to master even one of those things

This is what will happen to your retarded Icarus ass. You will start out with some basic shit which will still be way over your head and get frustrated fast. Then you will try to force things by excessively straining yourself and inevitably fail. You will drop every single one of those things, because you can not even manage to wake up at the same time as normal humans, do not have a fucking job and do not go to school.
NEETs with all the time in the world who better themselves are a fucking meme. Exactly because you have all the time you need you will neglect your studies and slip off into insanity as you realize that despite excessive ressources you can not manage to learn anything.

TL;DR: Before you start aiming for the stars as some ascetic, self-made academic/artist you better fucking get your shit together.
>>
>>8727217

she looks like the girl from Pokemon
>>
File: 1486040513197.jpg (61KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1486040513197.jpg
61KB, 670x503px
>>8727404
why are you so angry anon?
I'm already studying math and doing art and shit, but it's just largely unstructured is all. I make progress but I'd like to adopt a successful paradigm for structuring my day to better increase the output of my studies.
>>
>>8727233
That's odd, old people tend to wake up really early, are they ok Anon?
>>
>>8727478
They go to bed late as fuck. My grandmother sits up until 1 AM every night watching Fox News, and my grandfather is more active and has kidney problems and shit.
>>
>>8727217
Do math and programming mostly, like 5/6 of the work time do other things as well to see the forest
>>
>>8727217
Pick one and only one at first and do that for a while. Don't be unrealistic in your goals. Spend just one or two hours a day everyday. If you don't like what you picked then switch to another. Stick at one thing until you feel like you really enjoy it and are confident in your skills. Most people can't even become good at one thing. Don't spread yourself too thin or you'll find yourself bad at everything.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.