[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To coffee or not to coffee?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170305_202435.jpg (48KB, 540x366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170305_202435.jpg
48KB, 540x366px
I am doing a master degree in pure maths, and lately I've been having some trouble keeping up because I feel tired and my attention span has been reduced.
I've been without coffee since the last semester ended, and for some reason I didn't want to come back to it, but now may be the time to embrace the ol' caffeine. Would you come back? I don't want to become a coffee adict :(
Also, how much coffee do you drink usually in a day?

Btw I already eat right/exercise
>>
>>8724448
nice meme brah
>>
>>8724448
First off, you should be drinking coffee to enjoy it. The caffeine is secondary. I personally drink 1-2 cups a day in the morning. If feeling tiresome is the issue, opt to get more sleep.
>>
>>8724448
Mathematicians don't need coffee, they have amphetamines
>>
>>8724448
coffee is love, coffee is life. 6 cups a day everyday black
>>
>>8724555
t. Erdős
>>
>>8724555
Caffeine has synergistic effects with amphetamines
>>
Protip: if you are sleeping well, but still feel tired during the day, you probably have sleep apnea
>>
>>8724466
Try drinking decaf if you really think you're in for the taste (you won't bother drinking it twice since it's useless)
>>
>>8724448
I generally drink a cup in the morning before/during lecture and a cup in the evening when working on my homework.

Black coffee is best coffee.
>>
i like to make coffee in the morning or as a homemade energy drink if i need the extra boost

However for focus i would much rather drink an energy drink with lots of caffeine and b viatmins

I used to eat sour candy as a kid, helped me focus with my adhd off meds.
>>
>>8724448
I don't feel like coffee helps me focus for long periods. Sure to do tedious and boring work it can be of help, but when it comes to actually learning stuff, I found that drinking coffee makes me very tired and doesn't help much.

I sometimes drink coffee in the morning, never past noon or else I will have trouble falling asleep.
>>
>>8724448
A single mug (two-cups measure) in the morning prior to lectures/meetings.

When i get back to my apartment, I make a bigger mug (four-cups measure) and get to work. I vape for a bit of nicotine throughout the day. I find it helps.
>>
>>8724448
nothin' wrong with coffee desu if you just drink 1-2 cups a day. i suggest drinking Turkish coffee, helped me in raising my grades. (if that doesn't work then go for a full check up)
>>
>>8724448
Coffee repairs broken DNA strands

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1484231/
>>
>>8724593
Let me guess, you've never had good coffee with fresh beans and not drip
>>
>>8724448
One cup after lunch every once in a while
>>
A mathematician is a machine that turns coffee into shitposts
>>
>>8724637
Of course I had, but it's the caffeine what I ultimately cared about and what made it good. I also had premium espresso decaf, smelled ok but it didn't fix my headache. (It was a sunday and I had forgotten coffee in tue morning, and it was too late to have proper coffee)
>>
>>8724448
Drink tea. There are some red and black teas that will keep you up for three days.
>>
>>8724448
Why is there a spoon in the plate what's is use?
>>
...that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous morning
Or to take coffee against a sea of troubles
And by caffeinating end them.
>>
>>8724448
Cute picture, susan
>>
>>8724819
I'd say gb2/lit/ but i'm pretty glad somebody that like you even exists....
>>
File: goddess1.jpg (176KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
goddess1.jpg
176KB, 682x1024px
3 cups a day on avg.

Caffeine is an adenosine receptor antagonist that also positively modulates the binding of dopamine to dopamine receptors via inhibiting adenosine receptors in adenosine dopamine receptor dimers
>>
>>8724819
Nice one
>>
>>8724819
I'm putting that on a mug.
>>
>>8724881
>>8725116
>>8725142
my name is Hamlet, and I'm a caffeine-o-holic
>>
>>8724448
try speed all your favorite mathaticians use it
>>
>>8724448
Just sleep more you dumb cunt
>>
>>8725837
As if I didn't already sleep all I can
>>
>>8724555
Mathmeticians favourite drugs:
amphetamines, coffeine and nicotine
>>
Can somebody redpill me on "bulletproof" coffee?
>>
>>8726118
Of course butter and caffeine are going to give you energy. Everything else is meme shit, though. Coconut oil is just for taste and all the health benefits of butter are pretty much made up. Also if you drink that shit every day enjoy your heart attack
>>
>>8726118
Fats give you energy over a longer period of time than carbs (sugars). So you don't have that sugar high and the following sugar down.

But if your body is accustomed to using sugars almost exclusively in a high carb diet, like most people are, then drinking stuff like bulletproof coffee is kind of pointless. Your body is accustomed to just run on sugars.

It is more useful for people who get most of their energy from fats like in low carb or paleo diets. They also often have problems to get enough calories through food so some way to take in almost pure fat in a drink is attractive. Butter gives you saturated fat and coconut oil gives you unsaturated fat.
>>
>>8726118
>caffeine is a diuretic
>coconut is a diuretic
>eating too much butter can give you the shits if you're lactose intolerant

Wouldn't this stuff give you diarrhea?
>>
>>8726151
Not really, not much more than just coffee already does.
People cook with coconut oil all the time. And butter has a pretty low lactose content, less than a fifth of the same weight in milk. Maybe skip the butter if you are intolerant.
>>
Coffee. Coffee doesent really affect me that much, so I just drink it because it's a good drink.

I guess a benifit of that it even though I drink it multiple times daily I never really get upset when I don't have it.
>>
>>8726336
You should try going a week without coffee and see if you get headaches. Usually caffeine withdrawals take 2 days to reach their peak. Even for somebody that drinks several pots of coffee a day they'll be fine for 1 day with no coffee but in 2 days they have a mild headache
>>
OP, you can try nootropics. Since amphetamines are presumably out of your options (you don't want to be a coffee addict, lest a speed one), I suggest you look into racetams (piracetam/oxiracetam/noopept/aniracetam).
>>
>>8726345

I usually don't drink it on the weekends and I don't feel much. During those periods.
>>
>>8724819
good job.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.